AFIII Cover of Andy Timmons' version of Across the Universe - Preset included

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
I heard Andy Timmons' absolutely gorgeous cover of The Beatles song "Across the Universe" recently and I just had to cover it myself! I made a preset using @2112 compressor trick from one of his recent videos and had some fun with this. There are 2 electric tracks here using the Axe-Fx III, one melody and one using the ambient guitar preset with auto swells. The rest of the tracks are all acoustic that I recorded direct to Logic Pro X with an Aston Stealth mic. the Main melody guitar is my Suhr with the neck pickup split into my Axe-Fx III using Leon's compressor trick, the Super Verb Normal amp, two Ownhammer Friedman IR's, Plex Verb, Analog Delay and a Medium Hall reverb. I wasn't trying to copy Andy's tone, this just happened to be what I was happy with for this recording. Let me know what you think!

I heard Andy Timmons' absolutely gorgeous cover of The Beatles song "Across the Universe" recently and I just had to cover it myself! I made a preset using @2112 compressor trick from one of his recent videos and had some fun with this. There are 2 electric tracks here using the Axe-Fx III, one melody and one using the ambient guitar preset with auto swells. The rest of the tracks are all acoustic that I recorded direct to Logic Pro X with an Aston Stealth mic. the Main melody guitar is my Suhr with the neck pickup split into my Axe-Fx III using Leon's compressor trick, the Super Verb Normal amp, two Ownhammer Friedman IR's, Plex Verb, Analog Delay and a Medium Hall reverb. I wasn't trying to copy Andy's tone, this just happened to be what I was happy with for this recording. Let me know what you think!

That is beautiful awesome job and thanks for sharing the preset :)

Back
Top Bottom