Coupons arrived?

Wondering if you lucky folks at the top of the waiting list have gotten coupons for tomorrow already?

Are you joking perhaps?

No offence if you were serious, and I'm not trying to be smarmy.. it's just that for the MFC-101 launch I was near the top of the list and I got my discount email something like 6 months after they started shipping. I would estimate the demand for the MFC to be a tiny fraction of the demand for the Axe-Fx II.

Waiting will be a challenge. I suspect they will sell out every day at $2599 for a long time yet. Meanwhile, Axe IIs will be getting out there and we'll be reading more reviews and hearing more clips about how great the thing is. Many wait-list-ers will cave in and pay the $400 to jump the line and post their arguments why it's well worth it. It's going to be painful for the guys determined to hold out.

Are you joking perhaps?

Have not been involved in a fractal product launch before. I am quite happy with my gordius LG and so never paid attention to what was going on with the MFC, except to know that it was long delayed.

Had assumed people with coupons would fight it out on the store with the smaller volume of line jumpers. Guess it's done differently.

I guess we will have to wait for some more info about it, because Cliff did not release any details yet. If I recall correctly when the ULTRA was released it it was not like you said. I hope that most units are destined to the waitlist and the rest to people that prefer to pay more and have it right away.

"The waiting is the hardest part..." Gonna be a while, I don't think I have seen any live on the Yahoo Store yet today. So, figure they throw what ~20 TOPS on the Yahoo Store today? That will probably go in a couple of minutes... figure that will happen for who knows how long?
At this point my tact is going to forget about the whole thing until my mail comes in while at the same time squirrel away ~$25/week. It will take my ~4 months to raise $400 using this process. If I haven't received a coupon in 4 months I'll be prepped to buy outright.

We'll know within the next 48 hours if Cliff is going to serve the Waiting List
with a portion of daily production or kick us to the curb.

"The waiting is the hardest part..." Gonna be a while, I don't think I have seen any live on the Yahoo Store yet today. So, figure they throw what ~20 TOPS on the Yahoo Store today? That will probably go in a couple of minutes... figure that will happen for who knows how long?
At this point my tact is going to forget about the whole thing until my mail comes in while at the same time squirrel away ~$25/week. It will take my ~4 months to raise $400 using this process. If I haven't received a coupon in 4 months I'll be prepped to buy outright.

That's my plan too. Going to sit back, play some music, relax, and I will also throw some money into an account each week (no fast food, etc) to save up, and if i get $400 in that piggy bank before i get discount coupon, I'll spring the extra and just buy it :)

$400 almost gets a mfc....??

True... but hey, $2200 gets:

Used Ultra = ~$1500
EV Live 112XP = ~$500 (saw them selling at Musicians Friend with Father's Day rebate NEW for $400 shipped!)
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 Audio/Midi Interface = $200 --OR-- Used Rocktron MidiMate with 7 PIN cable and 3 space rack bag....

Why am I driving myself crazy for this thing again???

Back
Top Bottom