Couple rookie MFC questions I need to figure out

Billbill

Power User
Hello everyone hope your day is good!
So after getting familiar with my AxeFx2XL+ for a while now, I've put to MFC on the back burner for awhile after only programming it to switch scenes with 1-5, bank up/down for preset changes, and set a few of the switches for an effect type and what not. So now that I'm getting to know the axe better, I'm needing a bit more from my MFC.

1) I obviously know what X/Y is in the axe, but I've noticed some guys have a dedicated X/Y switch on their MFC. How does that work exactly? I assum it switches between XY of the last effect that was engaged on the MFC? I guess a better way to ask is, how does the MFC know which effect you're toggling XY with the dedicated XY switch?
2) I understand that the IA switches can only have one function per effect, how do momentary switches work then? Can you guys give me some cool ideas as to how you use the momentary type switching? Thx for the help!

1) I obviously know what X/Y is in the axe, but I've noticed some guys have a dedicated X/Y switch on their MFC. How does that work exactly? I assum it switches between XY of the last effect that was engaged on the MFC? I guess a better way to ask is, how does the MFC know which effect you're toggling XY with the dedicated XY switch
It is exactly the same as engage/bypass. You assign x/y switching per effect. There is a specific CC for each effect's x/y, just like there is a specific CC for each effect's bypass.
2) I understand that the IA switches can only have one function per effect, how do momentary switches work then? Can you guys give me some cool ideas as to how you use the momentary type switching? Thx for the help!
[/quote]
Exactly the same way, except they are momentary ("normal" IAs are latching).

They engage when you press the switch and disengage when you release it.

It is exactly the same as engage/bypass. You assign x/y switching per effect. There is a specific CC for each effect's x/y, just like there is a specific CC for each effect's bypass.

They engage when you press the switch and disengage when you release it.[/QUOTE]
Ok so an X/Y switch on an MFC just toggles between one effect per preset?

They engage when you press the switch and disengage when you release it.
Ok so an X/Y switch on an MFC just toggles between one effect per preset?[/QUOTE]
An X/Y switch is just sending a CC. What it controls is based on what that CC is assigned to in the Axe Fx.

If you assign (for example) CC 27 to Chorus 1 X/Y, and also Delay 1 bypass then it will control both of those things.

Normally that is 1 thing...otherwise things get confusing.

Ok so an X/Y switch on an MFC just toggles between one effect per preset?
An X/Y switch is just sending a CC. What it controls is based on what that CC is assigned to in the Axe Fx.

If you assign (for example) CC 27 to Chorus 1 X/Y, and also Delay 1 bypass then it will control both of those things.

Normally that is 1 thing...otherwise things get confusing.[/QUOTE]
Ahh I see now. Thanks @unix-guy always a big help!

Back
Top Bottom