Couple of V6.00 Clips - just for fun

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
Just for fun. Not for any other reason - these are not examples of factory presets or anything official whatsoever. Just for fun!

First up is my take on the JCM800. Just a Gretchen Wilson song my band does live, "Here for the Party". Personal preset as I use it live - JCM800. Guitar is JTV-59 US. Recorded direct via USB. All FX printed wet from Axe-FX II during tracking. For solo, I use a Global Boost and use my expression pedal to turn up the delay mix from 0% to 15% wet all on the fly.

Second up is a mix done with a backing track of Soundgarden's "Outshined". Personal preset as I use it live - Mesa Modern Orange Recto. Guitar left is PRS; Guitar right is JTV-59US. Recorded direct via USB. All FX printed wet from the Axe-FX II during tracking. Exact same preset used on both. Tracked once each guitar, mixed fast and uploaded.

Nice Scott

How does the JCM rhythm sound in a band mix context? When I've created tones like that they never stand well.

Hey Scott, I'd love to know which IRs you are running here, are you still using your Jay Mitchell / OH combos?

Cheers

Spence

Nice Scott

How does the JCM rhythm sound in a band mix context? When I've created tones like that they never stand well.

It holds up exceptionally well - the JCM800 tone my main live distorted tone... sort of my 'home'. I play with guys that have great amps and great tones - I've never had any issue with cut or my tones being thin. Particularly with V6.0 they are just fun as heck to work with.

One of my keys is that NF/FF mix that I sort of 'champion' with no mic. I've detailed it in many threads. Lots of body, no nasal character and no hype. If you download the FLAC version above and crank it up on a good set of monitors, you'll get the idea. Get it about 110db or more and you'll hear it the way it is meant to be heard (and felt!). :D

Hey Scott, I'd love to know which IRs you are running here, are you still using your Jay Mitchell / OH combos?

Cheers

Spence

Yes - same as detailed before.

The JCM 800 here is a SLM H75 (OH)/G12-65 Far-Field (JM). Stereo cab block. Panned center. No mic. Motor at 2.25. Everything else at stock/minimum (off) values.

Scotty P. - Thanks for the advice in general...and the "perspective!"

Hey Scott,

Thanks for ALL of your help/advice in these forums, and I have NOT forgotten what you seem to keep reiterating in your "6.00-related" threads, which is "Don't underestimate the 6.0 amp-modelling!" (since everyone seems to have such a "boner" for tone-matching & amp-matching, etc!) I am REALLY looking forward to 6.0 on a number of levels - ESPECIALLY the improved amp-modelling/accuracy!

...That all having been said, I DO play in a Tool-tribute band, so I am definitely gonna "iso" a few Adam Jones-tracks to nab me some authentic "Toolage" - LOL!

BTW, I liked the Gretchen Wilson (the first track above) even better than Soundgarden, but they were both excellent!

EDIT: I guess it's NOT a fair/"apples-to-apples" comparisoon, since Soundgarden was mixed "in-context" while Gretchen Wilson's song was soloed!

Bill

Very good Scoot! Your tone sounds live and raw! No boxy or muffled sounding. A great example of what REALLY the Axe FX can do right!

Sounds great!

Soooo Mr. Peterson, how do us commoners get a look-see at some of your go to patches? I've been patiently looking forward to it since your vow of "sooner than later" way back when FW 3.0 was all the rage. ;)

Sounds great!

Soooo Mr. Peterson, how do us commoners get a look-see at some of your go to patches? I've been patiently looking forward to it since your vow of "sooner than later" way back when FW 3.0 was all the rage. ;)

Sharing the presets once Axe-Exchange drops. I will be detailing and breaking them down - along with my template - after I do a 'rig breakdown' video. That's next on the 'make a video' agenda along with a "building a preset post 6.0" which will be short and simple.

"building a preset post 6.0" which will be short and simple.
Pick AMP
Pick CAB
Turn amp tone and drive knobs, maybe tweak presence and master.

Bask in the glory.

Seriously: 6.00 made dialling in sounds ridiculously easy. Orders of magnitude quicker than what it was taking me pre-6.00...and I can barely remember the hours I spent hunched over PEQ and CAB blocks back in my Standard days now!

Back
Top Bottom