Couple of observations about the Friedmans in 7.02

If you like the HBE, I'd recommend toying around with the Engl Savage model. I owned a Savage for years, one of my all-time favorite amps, but never jived with the Axe version. Then Quantum 7 came around, and now it sounds exactly like the real thing. I used the HBE previously, but replaced it with the Savage in all of my relevant patches.

big change in tone for me after the latest update, but sounding really great

i like hbe v2 through v30's, but i drop negative feedback from 7 down to 4. this helps clean up the intermodulation i hear in the low end

i'm boosting the amp for lead tones with the fet boost - drive = 6, level = 6, clip type = silicon, high cut = 4000hz, mid = +3, mid freq = 600Hz. super creamy saturated goodness

i came across something by accident the other day - turn on the fat and bright switches and the amp becomes a gnarly souped up plexi devouring animal!

such a great amp and has progressively got better and better through the last few updates

Reading this while at work. Got a craving to try this like a kid wanting a hot fudge sundae covered in skittles!

big change in tone for me after the latest update, but sounding really great

i like hbe v2 through v30's, but i drop negative feedback from 7 down to 4. this helps clean up the intermodulation i hear in the low end

i'm boosting the amp for lead tones with the fet boost - drive = 6, level = 6, clip type = silicon, high cut = 4000hz, mid = +3, mid freq = 600Hz. super creamy saturated goodness

i came across something by accident the other day - turn on the fat and bright switches and the amp becomes a gnarly souped up plexi devouring animal!

such a great amp and has progressively got better and better through the last few updates

I always lower the negative feedback as well to somewhere between 4 and 5. Friedman amps are a bit strange because the negative feedback is taken off the speaker jack instead of one of the transformer taps. The matching cabs are 16 ohms but if you use an 8-ohm cab you'll get 30% less feedback.

I always lower the negative feedback as well to somewhere between 4 and 5. Friedman amps are a bit strange because the negative feedback is taken off the speaker jack instead of one of the transformer taps. The matching cabs are 16 ohms but if you use an 8-ohm cab you'll get 30% less feedback.

Does this apply to all Friedman's amps?

I've played around with negative feedback before and I just leave it at default. I also run a TS808 block in front of it, all the time, which changes the low end response.

I just used the BE for an entire service (praise band). I always roll the depth control way back, but otherwise the tone controls end up near noon. Cleans to dirty all with the guitar volume knob (7 string Schecter).

i'd be interested in hearing a worship team that is playing through a BE and a schecter ! The team at my church is all a bunch of saved metalheads and punk rockers but we still run the typical Matchless / Morgan stuff.

i'd be interested in hearing a worship team that is playing through a BE and a schecter ! The team at my church is all a bunch of saved metalheads and punk rockers but we still run the typical Matchless / Morgan stuff.

That is funny!
I run a version of Moke's Plexi, that I love, works very well and covers a lot of ground.
Today I was listening to his JCM-800 preset. There is a lot of goodness in there!
So that is on the list to get ready for this coming weeks service.

What can I say? I try to play the part as much as possible, so I do use other amps from time to time, and I do rotate through guitars (strat, Ibanez V, Les Paul). But I love a wall of powerful distorted guitar when it’s called for.

My mom played a church pipe organ for 60 years, and she would blast that thing when appropriate. Glorious!! She never understood electric guitar, but I understood where I got my taste for power from.

My mom played a church pipe organ for 60 years, and she would blast that thing when appropriate. Glorious!! She never understood electric guitar, but I understood where I got my taste for power from.
LOL. A pipe organ can knock you on your ass at least half a dozen ways. In the hands of someone who really knows what they're doing — and when to do it — it can be gloriously devastating.

Back
Top Bottom