Couple of observations about the Friedmans in 7.02

simeon

Axe-Master
big change in tone for me after the latest update, but sounding really great

i like hbe v2 through v30's, but i drop negative feedback from 7 down to 4. this helps clean up the intermodulation i hear in the low end

i'm boosting the amp for lead tones with the fet boost - drive = 6, level = 6, clip type = silicon, high cut = 4000hz, mid = +3, mid freq = 600Hz. super creamy saturated goodness

i came across something by accident the other day - turn on the fat and bright switches and the amp becomes a gnarly souped up plexi devouring animal!

such a great amp and has progressively got better and better through the last few updates

Thanks Simeon! There have been periods where I just loved the HBE, but haven't for a bit, so I'll try your settings to see if the love is back.

big change in tone for me after the latest update, but sounding really great

i like hbe v2 through v30's, but i drop negative feedback from 7 down to 4. this helps clean up the intermodulation i hear in the low end

i'm boosting the amp for lead tones with the fet boost - drive = 6, level = 6, clip type = silicon, high cut = 4000hz, mid = +3, mid freq = 600Hz. super creamy saturated goodness

i came across something by accident the other day - turn on the fat and bright switches and the amp becomes a gnarly souped up plexi devouring animal!

such a great amp and has progressively got better and better through the last few updates

Thanks! I'll give it a shot!

i've got..

drive = 5
bass = 2
mid = 8
treb = 5
pres = 5
master = 4
and i like the 12ax7a JJ preamp tubes
motor drive at 4 with time at 50ms

i'm running it into factory 61 and an ownhammer mar-60 v30 (scott peterson mix 2)

yeah, i've had it as my go to high gain marshall sound for ever, but it's really sounding great at the moment. so much harmonic richness

Thanks Simeon! There have been periods where I just loved the HBE, but haven't for a bit, so I'll try your settings to see if the love is back.

Exactly the same for me. Just haven't quite found out how to make them work for me recently, but I'm hoping these settings are a good starting point to get back into them.

Ever since the Ultra, the HBE was my main amp model. But somewhere with the advent of Quantum it lost something for me and I preferred the Cameron. But now I had to switch from the CCV 2B to the 2C but it's a bit to fizzy for me now and it lost its gnarlyness.
I now prefer the plexi 50W 6550. I'll check out the HBE again.

The fat/bright/cut switches on the HBE were a revelation when I got my AX8, really opens up the possibilities.

I never managed to dial in tones I like with the (H)BE. Unfortunately I hadn't given it a second try when Cliff included the V1+2 version. Now with Q7 I tried the BE V1/2 (I'm still in the process of deciding which I like more) for my low gain tones and it sounded great immediately. I only had to do some minor tweaks with BMT, done :) Used the Plexi 100 High before, but the BE sounds better!

I just used the BE for an entire service (praise band). I always roll the depth control way back, but otherwise the tone controls end up near noon. Cleans to dirty all with the guitar volume knob (7 string Schecter).

I have been using the Brit Silver for an early AC/DC Aerosmith tone with the TBOD.

I also use some of the other JCM 100's for metal, since 7.0.

They all sound so much like the real deal through the V30 4 x12 cabs (Cab block number 149)

I will try the HBE and see what I get!

The fat/bright/cut switches on the HBE were a revelation when I got my AX8, really opens up the possibilities.
That tone you're getting is awesome! What are you using for amp/ cabs? Is it all Axe with FRFR's, or real Marshall 4 x 12 cabs?

That tone you're getting is awesome! What are you using for amp/ cabs? Is it all Axe with FRFR's, or real Marshall 4 x 12 cabs?
Before I switched to the Fractal stuff I was running a Dual Rectifier and a Marshall with a 4x12 and 1x12 live; now it's AX8 with either the BE, HBE Or 2C++ and either the Ownhammer stock cab #149 or one of the Justin York mixes. My lower back is eternally grateful.

i've got..

drive = 5
bass = 2
mid = 8
treb = 5
pres = 5
master = 4
and i like the 12ax7a JJ preamp tubes
motor drive at 4 with time at 50ms

i'm running it into factory 61 and an own hammer mar-60 v30 (scott peterson mix 2)

What guitar are you using for that patch?

i be using a warmoth parts guitar. chambered alder body with an ash top. roasted maple neck with ebony board. stainless steel frets and a wilkinson trem. it has a dimarzio air zone in the bridge, which is a warm medium gain paf style humbucker. 9-46 strings and a dunlop 1mm nylon pick. it's a sunburst colour, which helps to bring out the haunting mids.

Just tried this and it cleaned up the bottom end on my main HBE preset really nicely. Great tip.

Back
Top Bottom