Country Tele-Twang Presets

ADinNYC

Hi,

Does anyone have some good presets with tones similar to players such as Brent Mason, Vince Gill, Redd Volkaert, Johnny Hiland, Brad Paisley, etc. ?

Thanks!

Andrew

I would be interested in these, too. Even a general idea of amp and effects settings would be helpful.

amp and cab i mentioned, my amp controls are pretty much at noon, drive and hi cut to taste. fx are personal taste. if you want a slap back set up a tape delay with like 125ms and hardly any feedback.

country is so all over the map these days it's hard to make too many recommendations but i used the same basic set up to play everything from Tom Petty to Jason Aldean to Dwight Yoakam to thomas rhett to keith urban to anything and everything in between.

Crank it up. Volume I mean. Any of a variety of clean to light breakup amps would get you in a ballpark. I tend to find these tones lacking until I turn my frfr or monitors up. Can you get these tones through a real amp? Set the Axe up the same way.

Paisley's tone is a lot of chicken picking but huge part has to do with amps and effects. I have the exact pick ups he uses in all his guitars and his over drive and ego comp. Sounds good but can't seem to figure a good amp/cab and delay or reverb setting for it on the AX8 to make it come close.

The guy is one of the best players out there hands down.

What Jason said! Does your AX8 have the new factory presets? If not, download them. The Dee Cee 30 patch is pretty close. I backed off the master volume to clean it up a bit, turned off the bright switch and turned off the cut. Add some slap back delay. It'll probably be replacing my dc-30 patch.

Back
Top Bottom