Countdown timezone???

solo-act

Fractal Fanatic
My question got BURIED in the countdown thread. It's no wonder -- there's a post every 2.372 seconds in that tornado of hand-wringing fury.

What frikkin timezone is the countdown counting down in? That'd be nice to know huh guys? The obvious choice is eastern time, and if so, is G66 in sync with that?

And second...what time will the ordering page go live -- the second the countdown hits zero or when Cliff opens the doors to Fractal after a leisurely cup of coffee drunk while blissfully watching tortured forum members melt down?

And third...did Fractal rent some cloud computing power? I certainly hope so because otherwise the Fractal Audio site is going to collapse like Bucket Head's kentucky fried chicken hat inside a supermassive black hole.

So far, Cliff mostly updated the countdown in the forum around 10 am EST (= 4 in the afternoon for me).
Today the FAS homepage was updated a lot earlier than the forum and G66 was very late (and I don't think the browser's cache played a trick on me).
Just keep your eye on the coming "post edited" times and expect something aprox. 10 am EST on monday.

If I'm wrong you get back what you paid ;)

Unless they're asleep at the wheel, the countdown isn't USA east coast time...midnight came and went there without a change. I have to gig tomorrow and saturday. Can someone please keep track of this?

It changed at Mountain time? WTF?

So we're down to 2 scenarios for the Fractal website countdown timezone:

1. the countdown is mountain time (no) or...
2. the fractal site launches the countdown number (the first slide in the Fractal flash window) based on timezone of the origin of the request. That means people in Australia will see it go lower sooner than anyone else. Doubtful, but certainly doable with analytics data.

So rolling-timezone-countdown is a possible answer to my first question.

But what about my second: When do product info and ordering pages go live?

Do they launch when zero appears or some other arbitrary time?

If they launch at zero, and countdown is happening in a rolling timezone from east to west, then G66 has a separate inventory of the Fractal "what's it" and New Zealand/Australia get first shot at that.

Which means in the US, the east coast gets first shot at US inventory. Sounds like it's time to start schmoozing/bribing forum members on the east coast........unless someone has another theory.

Hell, I dunno Eric.

But if I had to guess, I'd say he'd want to be around for the launch. So, say 8AM EST. This gives European folks a few more hours in the day to field questions, take orders, and hope their servers don't crash, and all day for the feeding frenzy to be played out here on the forum.

I just posited the countdown timer so Cliff wouldn't have most of crazed folks here blowing up their F5 button for 24 hours straight.

Gotta admit, this is kinda fun to see people go nuts!

Ron

Fractal does not exist in analog time, as we know it. They simply model whatever time zone they currently wish to be in.

FUNNY I just got a mental picture of 250 guitar geeks, with 500 or so (give or take a few mishaps) balls all in cliffs hands, cause hes got us by them! yep gross. (any women on the site, lol)

Back
Top Bottom