Countdown 0.5...

Hey Hoss

No need to be angry! It's a damn fine machine! It's all good here.....and as a little bonus, Firmware 11.0 released today! Keep on rocking with your vintage axe! ;-)

Greetings
Paco

We will see when the countdown reaches 0, if there is anything in it for us, i guess.... I have a feeling cliff still has something up his sleeve.

My question to all the negative responses here is, what should Cliff have done?
This always was a computer and those get outdated with time as new advancements are made.
The difference with the Axe-FX that if you compare how it sounded say 3 years ago (when I got mine) and how it sounds today, they have really pushed this hardware more than anyone could have expected I dare say.

And again, yours or mine axefx won't sound any different today than it did yesterday so what really is the problem? You wanted more of an advance warning? How far back should that have come.

Technology is always moving forward and you can either accept that staying current involves upgrading or you can remain content that you have a product that while it isn't the single most advanced thing in amp modeling it's something that is still an absolutely fantastic product.

Up until yesterday everyone was happy with it so why should it really change now?

I just purchased my Ultra 3 weeks ago and I'm not upset in the least. I plugged into my Ultra after hearing about Axe-FX II and sure enough it sounded just as incredible as it had prior to the announcement. After this I downloaded Firmware v11.0 and installed it. Now my fantastic sounding Ultra sounds even better! Nice! :)

Will the resale value on used Standards and Ultras drop? I expect so, and I knew this would eventually happen going in. For my part this isn't an issue. I have no plans to sell it now or in the forseeable future. I'll watch the AFX2 mature slowly through incremental firmware releases while I put my Ultra to productive use. When I'm ready to upgrade my Ultra will become a backup.

Congratulations Cliff, FAS! The Axe-FXII looks like a perfect successor to the Axe-FX. Well done!

Thank you, Cliff! It looks amazing!

I bought my Axe-Fx in December, and I am still very happy that I bought my Ultra when I did.
These past months, I have learned so incredibly much, much thanks to this forum and its knowledgeable users. I've not only learned about the Ultra and its amazing capabilities, but also about guitar, mixing and sound in general. It has actually helped me decide that I want to proceed with some sort of education in music/audio. If I had waited, I wouldn't have had all this knowledge as a basis when I buy the Axe-FX II. It is a good time to be a guitarist.

So thank you, and congratulations, Cliff! It looks amazing! :)

Last edited:
I think some people at missing th point! It's not about you ultra sounding the same!! It's about spending thousands on gear that isn't finished by a company to find out they've stuck it on a shelf for a new unit three months later! Even when when you have asked before hand weather it was worth waiting! As I've said before this is not a couple of hundred pound phone! If you bought a mac book an then sore it out dated in a couple of months you would be gutted. I wouldn't have expected details on a new unit but it would not of hurt anyone to let people know that there would be some sort of advance ment within months. It's called looking after your customers, my axe isnt 5 years old... It's three months old! Feel ripped off.

What are you talking about not complete? Mine been complete for years, plus he just kept adding more stuff. Listen you can be any early adopter and risk get a product that never pans out (for me Gibson Dark Fire and Google TV come to mind) or a Late adopter and risk having what you buy usurped by a newer model. Plus, it not like you Ultra is no longer supported. You got a firmware update yesterday.

I understand it sucks to buy something and have a newer something come out shortly after. It happened to me before. It really does suck.

I can't believe some of the complaining going on in here.

For those who've had theirs for a short time, let me tell you I've had mine since Firmware 6.XX and after the years I still feel there's so much more to this box I haven't explored it's like a new toy all the time. You guys are just getting started.

I'm really excited to see Fractal raise the bar again but honestly I'm not in a hurry to upgrade. My Ultra is still relevant. I'll probably wait for the initial rush to die down and hear some real world reviews and clips . I must admit my curiosity wants to know"how can it sound better" and if I do purchase one sometime in the next year or so it will be out of curiosity and not necessity.

Back
Top Bottom