Countdown 0.5...

I wanna know how much it costs and what the availability will be. I want one, but I don't want to start selling off my ultra and other stuff to get it until I know there'll be one there to buy.

Sup?

SUN 10:48 pm
Forum being switched off momentarily due to overload

Anyway,,,,

COOOOOOOLLLLL. Axe-FX II Hell yeah that is awesome
Well.. I'm not gonna sell my Ultra,,,But I am gonna sell a few guitars that I don't regularly play and I'm Buying this when I can.

BTW,,,Cant really tell a difference after loading 11,,,,cause it still sounds Great and I didn't have to tweak anything.
Thanks Cliff You rock :)

MOSHON
DAVE

It rocks! Just read the release.. twice! Very big news indeed.

I rock too (because I'd been predicting new hardware all along). :)

I am so sick of this upgrade spiral with all computer gear.

Just upgraded from the Standard to the Ultra in December and now this. Fuck it.

Well, I still got my Plexi stack and Champ. Might be going pure tube and analog again.

Well, I still got my Plexi stack and Champ. Might be going pure tube and analog again.

And you Ultra sounds exactly as it did yesterday, just like your plexi stack sounds exactly the same as it did even though new marshal amps have come out.

Yeah, let's stop all development and advancements .... ??

Your Plexi and Champ are no different than your Ultra.

Quote From FractalAudio Webpage:

Whereas the Axe-Fx Standard and Ultra are …almost… mature in terms of their capacity for further development, the Axe-Fx II is well equipped for a future of free upgrades and updates in the tradition that established our commitment to product evolution.

What does he mean by almost? :p

I think some people at missing th point! It's not about you ultra sounding the same!! It's about spending thousands on gear that isn't finished by a company to find out they've stuck it on a shelf for a new unit three months later! Even when when you have asked before hand weather it was worth waiting! As I've said before this is not a couple of hundred pound phone! If you bought a mac book an then sore it out dated in a couple of months you would be gutted. I wouldn't have expected details on a new unit but it would not of hurt anyone to let people know that there would be some sort of advance ment within months. It's called looking after your customers, my axe isnt 5 years old... It's three months old! Feel ripped off.

+1

Before launches of phones etc. there are rumors you can follow, and tiny leaks that point to an UPGRADE...

In my opinion, the only thing the rumor-mill has been saying in the last months is that theres coming a cheaper version of the Axe-FX, and that the current userbase would still be seeing upgrades.

Bought my ultra in the beginning of march, and i feel completely ripped off.

Fractal always said the Ultra has plenty of room for firmware upgrades and now we read "it has reached maturity".

End of life for all us early adopters. FUCK

Fractal always said the Ultra has plenty of room for firmware upgrades and now we read "it has reached maturity".

End of life for all us early adopters. FUCK

It has plenty of room to add amps and whatnot. That doesn't mean there's plenty of room for Cliff to keep improving the level of modeling and such though. Considering the new one uses one TigerSHARC just for the amp modeling, I think that goes some way to suggest that he had to hold back a bit with the previous hardware. Cliff has said before that the hardware is the limiting factor. I didn't expect to see them get some way around it by slapping two TigerSHARCs together though. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom