Countdown 0.5...

As stated earlier a firmware update equating to better CPU utilization would make this camper very happy : )

One can only hope!

G66's countdown page is kind of blatant about being new hardware (to me anyway)...maybe intentionally to throw people off the track of updated algorithms?

I visited the G66 site a few days ago, (when they had the collage of photos up) and there was a red rack mount unit. Did fractal make a red unit for Europe?

pic-14.jpg

With Angry Birds and a calculator built in!

stopped F5-ing, went to bed, slept a bit, then woke up, turned on my PC...now going on with F5-ing...:D

Of course they shouldn't, but I don't think this "Your Axe FX isn't the best anymore, so suck it!!!!" (I'm paraphrasing slightly ;)) would be the right way to build up excitement with their loyal customer base for a completely new product. If it is something brand new, they should let us know that from the get go and not tease everyone with hints that it is something it's not (i.e. groundbreaking firmware).

It's pretty heartless when you think about it. Reminds me of that guy who keeps posting that "I have an Axe FX and you don't - Nanny nanny haha" picture every time someone says that they want an Axe FX but can't get one...................Oh wait. :D

That's not Fractal, that is g66

One can only hope!

G66's countdown page is kind of blatant about being new hardware (to me anyway)...maybe intentionally to throw people off the track of updated algorithms?

Agreed. Seems obvious to me that a new hardware unit is around the corner. If not, G66's statement is pretty clever in a way I can't imagine at the moment =)

That said; my face will melt if it's the VST.

To the music historians of the next century, I posted in this thread before the big reveal. I assume someone will be writing a thesis on this megathread.
Love,
Wolfy

P.S. I predict it's a radical firmware update, Axe-Edit, and a built in lolcatz generator.

I don't think so. On TGP, in response to a post that the announcement 'would be a letdown after the 10-day countdown,' Cliff posted, "All I will say is it won't be a letdown..." I don't see any posts where he discusses the potential happiness of current or future customers.

Wasn't the statement about making everyone happy on the *other* countdown thread FractalAudio started here? The one they deleted a few days ago?

Hey, I'm back. I took a break and went downstairs to build a pedal board. Not out of fear. I just thought it would take my mind off of things. Then I spent a half hour tracking down one bad 2 inch patch cord and reminded myself why I hate pedal boards. Anywho, jammed through the Marshall a bit. But now I'm back. Nothing to say really. Just trying to see if we can hit page 200 before this is done.

BTW, Cliff, if my Standard is getting phased out, I don't mind. I really like it, and it does exactly what I want it to do. But those Firmware updates are really appreciated, and a lot of fun. So if you did keep those going, it would be really nice, and I would promise to say Thank You. :)

I just realised - if the announcement is going to be made in the US when the clock ticks over 12:00am there, then that would make it around lunch time or early afternoon here in Australia. So I can be eating a sandwich and reading the announcement instead of rubbing my bleary eyes and trying to prevent my head from drooping down onto the F5 key....

...small consolations... :D

Call me crazy but I do not expect you will see an answer till 9am EST.
But ..you could call G66 when it opens they may tell ya over the phone

Back
Top Bottom