Countdown 0.5...

What processors do the Eventide's use?? Eventide and TC Electronic are the only effects competetion the axe has... POD Hd is the only amp modeler... and it is less powerful..... If there is a new Axe wouldn't it only be competing with itself since its kinda in its own class??? I think if its new hardware it will be what we have with some of the improvment request we have made. (usb, headphone jack, touch screen?)

touchscreen? ... meehhh ... i am a conservative guitarist, i really won`t a touchscreen ... makes my equippment looks like a toy .. or iPhone5 ... that said, can anybody help me finding the valves in the axe? try to lacate them since two years in the box ... never found them ... :-(

ad-en.jpg

I think this is a trick. It's just too much of a blatant implication that a new, improved processor is coming that will make all of our Axe FXs second best (or third best for us Standard owners). Too much of a slap in the face for all of us that have invested $1,000+, especially those who have recently gotten theirs. Even Line6 doesn't thumb their nose at their customers like this (they just pretend the product being outdone/replaced never existed in the first place - new "flagship" amp anyone? :roll).

I think Countdown 0 will reveal a new upgrade for our Axe FX's ("But now there is a new challenger to the throne....and it's your Axe FX!!!!(made you look :lol)"). My guess after reading all these Countdown pages is that Cliff has had a major epiphany/breakthrough with the capabilities of the Axe FX's TigerSHARC-Processor resulting in the mother of all firmware updates, where ever amp and cab sim (maybe more than just those) has been rebuilt from the ground up. Possibly with many new amp/cab sims added as well. I'm thinking Cliff has reinvented his wheel.

I'm not buying it. And if I'm wrong and there is a new hardware product, I won't be buying that either (because I just spent all the money I had on a GCP & 2 expression pedals :D).

Last edited:
Dear Cliff, My Axe FX has a sticky output on it.

Cliff..Don't worry, it's just the excitement of the countdown, here's some Fractal tissues...

Hahaha.

Whatever it is that's coming, I'm about to back up all my banks to get ready.

Although something tells me they will probably stay backed up forever.

Viva la revolution!

ad-en.jpg

I think this is a trick. It's just too much of a blatant implication that a new, improved processor is coming that will make all of our Axe FXs second best (or third best for us Standard owners). Too much of a slap in the face for all of us that have invested $1,000+, especially those who have recently gotten theirs. Even Line6 doesn't thumb their nose at their customers like this (they just pretend the product being outdone/replaced never existed in the first place - new "flagship" amp anyone? :roll).

I think Countdown 0 will reveal a new upgrade for our Axe FX's ("But now there is a new challenger to the throne....and it's your Axe FX!!!!(made you look :lol)"). My guess after reading all these Countdown pages is that Cliff has had a major epiphany/breakthrough with the capabilities of the Axe FX's TigerSHARC-Processor resulting in the mother of all firmware updates, where ever amp and cab sim (maybe more than just those) has been rebuilt from the ground up. Possibly with many new amp/cab sims added as well. I'm thinking Cliff has reinvented his wheel.

I'm not buying it. And if I'm wrong and there is a new hardware product, I won't be buying that either (because I just spent all the money I had on a GCP & 2 expression pedals :D).

So Fractal should stop developing new product because it might make their new stuff 2nd or 3rd best? BTW, I have seen a claim like that that Fractal has made.

Sorry, all this just a market study to gauge the reception of an alleged new product. Thank you for participating in this experiment.

Whatever happens, kudos to Fractal for running such a successful marketing campaign for the new product, whatever it may be.

I know of several folks who don't own an axe (and were otherwise not even thinking about purchasing one) that are frequenting this thread to find out what the fuss is about :lol.

I'm hoping for a major firmware update for the Axe FX to be a part of this announcement tomorrow, as I just got my Ultra like 3 weeks ago and I don't want to feel like I totally got the shaft haha.

Oh -- and I'm pretty sure the forum is about ready to crash, I had a hell of a time trying to login to my account, LOL. Received a few 500 internal server errors :)

Back
Top Bottom