Countdown 0.5...

Reading through many pages here I would stress to current Standard and Ultra users to not worry. It will be cool to see new hardware/software of course but there should be nothing to be upset about. I have had my Standard for 2 months now. We re-amped our album through a preset we spent a week designing in studio with our producer. It is MY SOUND and I don't sit in front of my Standard, tweaking it all day. I just play it because it's the sound on the album and what we wanted. A new unit will be cool but I really like what I have now and am content. I can afford another one if the new unit is better but do I want to? That is the question... I am excited to see the new hotness and can't wait to try whatever it is, but I'm in no way worried that my Standard will be completely outdated by it. It's still better than everything else out there!

Whatever the announcement turns out to be, I predict there will be no waiting list in the US. ;)

At the moment I don't even have an FRFR that is capable of doing the Ultra justice... what additional goodness will I be missing after tomorrow?

I only have a standard, so the Ultra is already better - however, the Sims are the same.

The Standard was already supposed to (potentially) carry perfect virtual copies of the real amps, because its hardware allowed this. It's the main selling/reselling point. A lot of us bought an axe-fx because it promises perfect amp copies, right now or in a future firmware..

Journal Entry 08May2011 1721 hours:

Not my finest hour. This is more than any man should ever have to endour. I've finally snapped.

The mere thought that after tomorrow the one thing that has given me so much pleasure will only suck the life from me as it sits there with it's green LCD showing sucky parameters, one big stupid knob of sucky control and just stupid blank stare of suckiness is more than I can take. So it is with regret that just as so many others throughout history; when pushed beyong reasonable limits have snapped....I too have committed the ultimate crime of passion....

My AxeFX is smashed to bits in the middle of the street. The authorities are on their way after my murderous screams frightened my neighbors (plus it's technically littering)

I've also cut off both my hands for good measure.....it makes typing really difficult right now.

Probably should have thought this one through a bit more....

Shit.

Rereading the G66 final clue I'm now thinking the Axe Profiler. What is the new challenger to the throne? Could only be the Kemper. The new unit is the Ultra combined with a profiler?
If it is, it's got to go beyond Kemper. The Kemper is only taking a dynamic snapshot of the sweet spot of a signal chain which is the same as putting a new skin on a generic object. The holy grail would be something that uses those snapshots to tune what's inside the signal chain at the circuit level.

Journal Entry 08May2011 1721 hours:

Not my finest hour. This is more than any man should ever have to endour. I've finally snapped.

The mere thought that after tomorrow the one thing that has given me so much pleasure will only suck the life from me as it sits there with it's green LCD showing sucky parameters, one big stupid knob of sucky control and just stupid blank stare of suckiness is more than I can take. So it is with regret that just as so many others throughout history; when pushed beyong reasonable limits have snapped....I too have committed the ultimate crime of passion....

My AxeFX is smashed to bits in the middle of the street. The authorities are on their way after my murderous screams frightened my neighbors (plus it's technically littering)

I've also cut off both my hands for good measure.....it makes typing really difficult right now.

Probably should have thought this one through a bit more....

Shit.

Yea but how is the arm??

The Standard was already supposed to (potentially) carry perfect virtual copies of the real amps, because its hardware allowed this. It's the main selling/reselling point. A lot of us bought an axe-fx because it promises perfect amp copies, right now or in a future firmware..

Fractal never claimed that. "Perfect Virtual Copies" - it even states otherwise in the manual.

consultant1.jpeg

Software is 'made'.
You have to think of who you are dealing with here- the man is a maniac and is delighting in keeping us all on tenterhooks.

Cliff just posted that it will be made in USA. That doesn't sound like firmware at all.
Cliff lives in the states doesn't he? Unless he travels to Europe to write code it's technically still something made in the US.

I will say this though, this is definitely the most epic of threads of all time on this forum. I think that we even beat the MFC101 threads quite handily.

I'm telling you guys they are going to pull an M Night Shyamalan on us because it's been too well orchestrated to just be taken at face value. There's got to be that big 'gotcha' somewhere or else I'll be disappointed.

I want to soil my britches after all of this.

Back
Top Bottom