Countdown 0.5...

It would be hilarious if all the people on the forum are now selling their Ultras in panic and on Monday we will know that the big new thing is an add on and a firmware update and all the poor guys without an Ultra will have to wait until Christmas to get a new one. Bruahahahahaha!

I think cliff or someone in the know might have popped up on this thread to tell us not to sell our axe-fx's if that were the case.
User solo-act has been a long time user and he just sold his, I think he may know something we don't.
Pure speculation of course.

It would be hilarious if all the people on the forum are now selling their Ultras in panic and on Monday we will know that the big new thing is an add on and a firmware update and all the poor guys without an Ultra will have to wait until Christmas to get a new one. Bruahahahahaha!

What if it is not the time to sell our Ultras or Standards, but anything, and I really do mean anything that contain vacuum tubes?

Is 2011 going to be the year the tube amp died? Maybe the tube amp market is about to crash.

One could argue it is about time.

good call on the celebrity!

its all kinda adding up
IF it is a FW and its more cab slots, longer looper and some big name patches .....thats hit the 3/3 mark of what I want in the axe!!!

not really sure the point of charging for FM as well ....knowing the internet and all and file sharing...not sure how you could 'protect' FM!??!

I can't say too much, but I can say you guys are going to be blown away. Cliff sent a few of us "beta copies". I am blown away! I don't say that lightly. I try not to engage in too much hyperbole, but I am extremely impressed. A lot of thought went into this. And while nobody is able to make everyone happy, this will make a lot of people happy campers. Wow, just WOW!!!!!!!

I would HATE to be your inbox right now ;)

And that's the reason why javajunkie sold his AXE FX and still got a nice price for it, because of insider dealing! Not nice at all! :(

Well, we're all part of this thing called reality and the reality is there will always be something better. That's just the way it is. My friends with their iphone 4's are googling " iphone 5 " every other day. So why not the AXE FX ULTRA 2, 3, 4 over time ? I dont see anything wrong with selling something older to get something newer and better ;) Like with all technology, hardware alone will have evolved beyond all recognition in the years since the AXE FX + Ultra's hit the shelves. Just like the rest of you I have mixed feelings, especially since am due to get an ultra at the end of the month according to g66 after what would be an almost 7 month wait. So this 10 day countdown has been easy in comparison. The questions I have for myself is : After tomorrow "if" a new unit is released will that change the price of the initial units and " if " a new unit is released to g66 will I get to keep my place in the queue for the new unit or will I have to get to the back of another 6-7 month queue. For my own personal curiousity it'll be nice to see what happens tomorrow. And as for the rest of you - 1 day left. Here's to tomorrow *clinks glasses*

Well, we're all part of this thing called reality and the reality is there will always be something better. That's just the way it is. My friends with their iphone 4's are googling " iphone 5 " every other day. So why not the AXE FX ULTRA 2, 3, 4 over time ? I dont see anything wrong with selling something older to get something newer and better ;) Like with all technology, hardware alone will have evolved beyond all recognition in the years since the AXE FX + Ultra's hit the shelves. Just like the rest of you I have mixed feelings, especially since am due to get an ultra at the end of the month according to g66 after what would be an almost 7 month wait. So this 10 day countdown has been easy in comparison. The questions I have for myself is : After tomorrow "if" a new unit is released will that change the price of the initial units and " if " a new unit is released to g66 will I get to keep my place in the queue for the new unit or will I have to get to the back of another 6-7 month queue. For my own personal curiousity it'll be nice to see what happens tomorrow. And as for the rest of you - 1 day left. Here's to tomorrow *clinks glasses*

I dunno, after all the complaints about previous waiting lists, the countdown should not lead to yet another one. I feel confident that it will be an instant thing

Okay, here is what I think it will be:
- a "normal" firmware upgrade (new amps, tweaks...etc.)
- effects only floor unit
- Axe-Edit

I wasn't planning to enter the discussion...

Ok this doesn't make much sense.
And the countdown is for witch of the 3 "products" exactly? For all the 3? In that case why does he want to release all the 3 together?
Why would Cliff start a countdown for a Effects Only Floor Unit?
He didn't do it for the MFC or the Atomics or whatever. does the Floor Unit deserves one? Doubt.
Countdown for Final version of Axe-Edit? I doubt that. We all know that the final version (as we expect it, better axe exchange, bug free etc) was coming sooner or later.
And does a normal firmware upgrade deserves a countdown? obviously not.

This is something else entirely.

Also why do you guys keep saying that G66 would join this all hype\countdown thing only if it's a new hardware?! Wouldn't a major firmware upgrade boost their sales for units they already sell?

Haven't you guys noticed that in the first countdown G66 was giving away some tips showing pictures/details of the incoming hardware? they haven't done it now.

My 2c?

Not hardware.
A major firmware upgrade that contains redesign code that will free up cpu usage and will take all the amps,cabs,effects etc to a hole new level.
And probably as bonus; axe edit, merge with MFC, maybe artists patches.

Sorry for my English.
cheers^^

Last edited:
Well here's the questions I would ask myself about whether it's a hardware product:

1. What DSP out there is more powerful than what's in there already? Without more processing power the only direction to move in for a new hardware unit is slower.

2. How many AxeFX's are sitting in the warehouse because he can't sell them?

3. What competitor's product is driving the demand for a superior product to be created?

4. How much money would it cost to retool and start manufacturing an entirely new product?

So those are obviously the cons of the issue. What about the pro's?

5. As a company do you rest on your laurels and continue to sell a product that was designed 4 years ago and wait to be passed up?

6. Would you do a 10 day countdown on a website that obviously sells hardware to announce a firmware release?

7. What makes more sense; to sell one AxeFX to someone or sell them an AxeFX and then an AxeFX 2? This is how all the big manufacturers continue to grow.

8. AxePC was what brought me to this forum 3 years ago; with the release of the new Sandybridge processors could they perhaps be fast enough to run his code?

9. Could he have found a way to use a CPU instead of a dedicated DSP in a standalone product?

I stopped by Fractal last week and Cliff filled me in on the "countdown". I made a promise to Cliff that I would not divulge any information regarding the "countdown". I'm a man of my word and will not say anything regarding the content of the "countdown". I have enjoyed reading the speculations and ideas in this thread though.

I'm looking forward to Monday so I can finally start yapping.... it's killing me!

If I had known all I had to do was catch a cab to the airport, fly to Mass, cab to Fractal Headquarters, track down and then corner Cliff until he spilled the beans, then return home... could have saved myself hours and hours of reading these speculations...

Kidding! Has been great fun - looking forward to Monday Cliff. But next time you post a countdown we are all coming to your shop to find out whats going on.

They didn't sell any at all the last six months, because they don't get any....

If there is a 6 month wait list they probably did get a bunch of them, but they were obbviously earmarked for people on the list. You can't put them in the storefront if they are already sold.

i can end all speculation right now and divulge exactly what will be released in the next few days...

plectrum.jpg

i think you'll agree, it's pretty special

And that's the reason why javajunkie sold his AXE FX and still got a nice price for it, because of insider dealing! Not nice at all! :(

That is one of the many things that has me thinking it is new hardware. Add everything else with the fact that someone in the know goes out and sells one of there Axe FX.

We will all know tommorow. Love the countdown, it's been fun, just hate that it ends on a work day.

Back
Top Bottom