Countdown 0.5...

This will be the first firmware that we will have to pay for.
Mark my words.
I know people that know people.
I am not complaining.

I'm pretty sure this is the longest thread this forum has ever had. I'd hate to see what the bill looks like at the end of the month for Cliff.

Oh tu chez...

Marketing is also developed for drone bee masses to, subconsciously or consciously, feel the need to have something that prior to said marketing, never entered their thought processes.

Whatever, you may or may not come to realize I'm quite tongue in cheek - not your cheek sailor, don't get yer hopes up - but the fact is, I'm the kinda guy that doesn't watch sports on TV. Do you know why? Because the score will be the same whether I watch it or not.

Have a great night, lest we pontificate in unison on the eve cusp of the newly revered Fractal Audio eminence to be....and therefore grace us with its profound and royal essence.

V.

so... does that mean your gonna get one too??

Last edited:
I think it will be a major firmware update. By far the biggest to date. I think the countdown hype including G66 is because there will now be a charge for this particular major update. Not with all firmware updates going forward, just with this major one. What say you??
I'd say that is consistent with the "Save your money" quote.

I beleive that it is a redefinition of the software. One of the limits in ex. the number of user cabs is usage of memory. Also naming them will be possible in this new firmware. Included in the update is also amp-models, that is improved. This would also require a new and rewritten Editor, which you will see - SOOOON

I think it is Countdown worthy.

I need no new hard ware.

It would be nice though to be able to use my computer to edit patches/sounds without having to set-up my hardware and connecting it to my pc.

Kind Regards

AAEN

To think or even expect to continue to have free updates all the time is just being borderline clueless.
At some point the time and money invested in updating a product demands a charge.
If it's indeed a major upgrade then the vast majority if not all of Axe owners will pay for it and it just becomes difficult for any business owner to ignore that extra money. (investors also apply pressure for extra revenue streams)
Don't mind being wrong obviously

To think or even expect to continue to have free updates all the time is just being borderline clueless.
At some point the time and money invested in updating a product demands a charge.
If it's indeed a major upgrade then the vast majority if not all of Axe owners will pay for it and it just becomes difficult for any business owner to ignore that extra money. (investors also apply pressure for extra revenue streams)
Don't mind being wrong obviously

Free upgrades are part of the marketing and are a selling point that brings in new users --- it strongly indicates that the firmware is constantly improving towards perfection, not towards "let's ship a firmware as is even though it isn't really much because those suckers will pay for it". I'm sure that for a substantial while, Fractal will rather sell more hardware units than sell upgrades.

If the FW upgrade is big enough, I wouldn't mind paying a little (not too much haha) money. I really appreciate Cliff's work.
Oh, and another thing crossed my mind: maybe we will see lots of artist presets, even banks become available. The current presets are more than outdated. They don't really show the awesomeness of the unit.

if this is mainly about such a major update, i really hope the standard also supports it. if not, i guess it would mean the standard becomes discontinued

It would be hilarious if all the people on the forum are now selling their Ultras in panic and on Monday we will know that the big new thing is an add on and a firmware update and all the poor guys without an Ultra will have to wait until Christmas to get a new one. Bruahahahahaha!

If the FW upgrade is big enough, I wouldn't mind paying a little (not too much haha) money. I really appreciate Cliff's work.

I wouldn't either, but Cliff has stated in the past that he will never charge for updates, so I really don't see that happening.

Oh, and another thing crossed my mind: maybe we will see lots of artist presets, even banks become available. The current presets are more than outdated. They don't really show the awesomeness of the unit.

I thought of that too because of the picture of Kathleen Turner on g66's countdown 3 page (K. Turner = celebrity = celebrity (possibly celebrity created) presets?).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom