Countdown 0.5...

Hmmm... since this whole countdown started I thought it would be for the grand release of Axe-Edit 1.0... but now I'm starting to second guess that instinct. Is the release of Axe-Edit 1.0 really countdown worthy? The MFC-101 didn't get a countdown and I certainly think it was a bigger deal than Axe-Edit. Now I'm thinking a new physical product is something worthy of a countdown. I mean, we all know Axe-Edit 1.0 is coming. We don't know about a floor unit, or an integrated amp/AxeFx... those would certainly be countdown worthy.

hmmm ??

Hmmm... since this whole countdown started I thought it would be for the grand release of Axe-Edit 1.0... but now I'm starting to second guess that instinct. Is the release of Axe-Edit 1.0 really countdown worthy? The MFC-101 didn't get a countdown and I certainly think it was a bigger deal than Axe-Edit. Now I'm thinking a new physical product is something worthy of a countdown. I mean, we all know Axe-Edit 1.0 is coming. We don't know about a floor unit, or an integrated amp/AxeFx... those would certainly be countdown worthy.

hmmm ??
Obviously at this point we can assume it's a lot bigger than axe-edit 1.0. It's very likely some sort of hardware or something even crazier.

Great. Now we have a weatherman in the thread too.

:mrgreen

I'm no weatherman, but, I predict an increasing chance of silliness with a warm front of lunacy coming in over the horizon. If you tune in tomorrow, don't forget your rubber boots. It's gonna be messy.

Last edited:
Well since this thread started I haven't moved from in front of my computer or navigated from this page. I lost my job and my wife and son have left me. My clothes smell horrible and I'm almost too weak to type this after suffering from severe dehydration and a lack of food.

I fear that my vision will be the first of my senses to go...please God, no, I need to read countdown 3....

I'm no weatherman, but, I predict an increasing chance of silliness with a warm front of lunacy coming in over the horizon. If you go out tomorrow, don't forget your rubber boots. It's gonna be messy.

Why wouldn't you want to be? It's the only job were you can be wrong almost 100% of the time and not get fired.

Reactions: mba
Before I consider getting this, I want to know if this will be high fidelity, and will thedynamicresponse of the mics be modelled?????

Before I consider getting this, I want to know if this will be high fidelity, and will thedynamicresponse of the mics be modelled?????

Just a friendly hint, if you want ANY kind of clue from Cliff, you need to be more vague. Like; 'Will it be rectangular?', 'Will it have whizzy lights?', 'Will it weigh less, or more than my cat when she was pregnant?', 'Will it model toast at different levels of crispness?'. That kinda thing. We need to ask a bunch of 'apparently' vague questions and hopefully, with the obviously genius minds in this forum, narrow it down.

That's of course assuming that Cliff won't just answer our questions with an emphatic "LOL".

Last edited:
We need to think of this from a Fractal business perspective. What part of the market would they want to capture? Where are people spending ridiculous amounts of money that could be saved buying a Fractal product? How could Fractal's core competencies be scaled in new and exciting directions? Pedals? Pickups? Drums? Guitars?

If you were Fractal, what would be the biggest, most profitable problem you could solve for musicians without massive new R&D costs?

We need to think of this from a Fractal business perspective. What part of the market would they want to capture? Where are people spending ridiculous amounts of money that could be saved buying a Fractal product? How could Fractal's core competencies be scaled in new and exciting directions? Pedals? Pickups? Drums? Guitars?

If you were Fractal, what would be the biggest, most profitable problem you could solve for musicians without massive new R&D costs?

While I concur with your 'better business' hypothesis, it has become apparent, to me at least, that FAS can't keep up as it is. They've already cornered the market on uber, high quality ULTRAness and can't keep up. If Cliff and his staff corner yet another market, they possibly won't have the facilities to keep up with it either. If people can't get what they want in as short of time span as they are willing to wait, they will indeed cough up the dough for the lesser product and satiate the NOW NOW NOW impetuousness of today's consumer.

lol .... can ya tell I'm going to be trying to order one soon?

Last edited:
It has to be a SCSI Blizzard 1230 IV Turbocard which the old amiga,s had that we can stick in our hidden scsi port in our AXE.

That would teleport us to firmware 117 in one step and we would have like 100 user ir

Attachments

• bliz1230.gif
    bliz1230.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

possibly an extended FAS IR Collection?

Not sure I follow your question.
If you are asking about profitable products from the Fractal business perspective.... it's most likely AXE-PC.
No mater how much they sell it for, after the initial investment the overhead per unit is super low.
There is nothing like selling "electronic data" it's basically the same as printing money... that is if you can sell lots of it.
And I believe the AXE-PC will sell like no tomorrow.

:p

If it is Axe-PC I hope for Cliff that they can lock it into a secure hardware dongle, like a small "Axe Interface". iLok and Syncrosoft copy protections have been cracked already.

I hope that it's the first release version of Axe-Edit.
That would be super sweet!

Cheers!
- jonah

Iloks and alikes are cracked like peanuts.
UAD is probably the only one not hacked yet, due the UAD card is a big dongle. The plugin code runs on the Sharc CPU on the card. In order to release a PCIE and firewire attached boxes I would estimate around 700$ for a PCIE card and 1000$ for a firewire box. Don't forget the UAD uses a 20$ Sharc, Fractal uses a 150$ TigerSharc
But if Cliff is around:
How about utilizing CUDA or OPENCL ? Even 120-150$ videocards are offering a lot of processing power, huge memory and bandwith? Nvidia has PhysX. It seems to fit the modeling actual physics theory.

Maybe the rumored "floor unit built by TC Electronics" will be the hardware part of Axe-PC?

Cliff created the axe-fx, In my way of thinking it's hard to imagine him in need of help from another company.

Back
Top Bottom