Countdown 0.5...

You are all wrong, it's a fractral guitar, based on string and body reasonance rod pick ups and the words first magnetic/electret modeling pickups. In short it will kick ass, 70 guitars modeled (prs to gibson list goes on), 25 acoustics and 10 banjo's.

While I would like to see Firmware 11 + Axe Edit 1.0, it sure will be a new hardware device. Why else the countdown?

I'm pretty certain it's the FX-only floor unit, built by TC Electronics.

Firmware 11, major improvment :_ a clock

digital-clock_v1.0.jpg

I need a timer that shuts it off after a while. Every time I sit down to noodle for a few minutes, I end up playing for two hours. :)

JWW

Last edited:
.......................................................................QUAD SHARC PROCESSOR UNIT........................... from what i heard

My guess is a flux capacitor for sure!! Cliff is going to reveal that is able to travel through time. He travelled into the future and brought us the Axe Fx, that's why there is no other competitor in the market right now.

Cliff stated several times, that he believes in a strong home economy, keeping jobs and pay inside the U.S. I doubt, this has changed.
The Atomic amplifiyers are quite different: while Cliff and Tom worked together on them, they are still produced by Atomic and probably by asian manufacturers that were partners of Atomic prior to teaming up with Fractal Audio.
Of course I can be wrong but that's my view on the subject at the moment.

Um.. where is the Fractal MFC-101 manufactured \ assembled? ;) Cliff please correct me if my assumption is wrong. (The shipping box for the MFC says "Designed in the USA". What does that imply?)

Actually that's not MIDI's fault (from what I know)...

Respectfully.. This illustrates my point.. some people don't know. It IS MIDI's fault! The protocol itself was never really meant for bulk data transfer and 2-way communication. MIDI is of course still great for control purposes, like sending note on\off, velocity, aftertouch, etc from a keyboard, or PC, CC etc from a foot controller. USB on the Axe would open up huge new possibilities in terms of what software can do. Way more than just faster firmware updates.

But I'm glad the Axe does have a big MIDI implementation.

Agreed, for the controller standardization. It just needs another high bandwidth way to get data in and out, like USB (or Ethernet\WiFi).

A voice/vocal modeler that'll make even me sound like Sinatra. It'll support loadable vocal tract impulse responses, although I can't imagine it being fun generating them :p

Judging by the 2+ year wait from the announcement of the MFC until it's actual availability, I doubt very much that any major hardware is released before a similar time span

I predict the exact opposite.. he's been working on new hardware (maybe for 2+ years) and it's just about ready to ship. He just hasn't told anyone.

I think Cliff has long since realized it was a mistake to talk about the Atomic FR and the MFC long before they were ready, when they were only in the idea stage. He got nothing but abuse on the forums from everyone demanding details and getting antsy when things took longer than he guestimated.

I think he's taking the Steve Jobs approach now.. keeping everything hush until the product is just about to ship.

Besides, Cliff used to post firmware updates like twice daily :). What do you suppose he's been up to the last 6 months, playing with his cat?

I see the countdown as ample warning/opportunity for current owners to sell their current gear before an official announcement is made. If anyone grumbles that their Standard/Ultra has dropped in value once the new product is released, they can't say they weren't warned. I can't think of a better way for a company to handle such a scenario.

I was about to buy a used Axe-Fx I'd probably look at the website, see the big countdown and then figure I better hold off buying anything until the countdown is over.

Besides, I wouldn't panic and sell now. What if you sell your Axe and then the countdown ends and it's NOT hardware, but the greatest new firmware update ever?

Cliff said no one will be disappointed. If I had just bought hardware and a new model was released I would be disappointed. In fact I just bought the 101..
I think it is AxeEdit and a firmware update that is very good. Maybe the user cabs implementation has been greatly improved so we can load cabs into existing stock cab locations or something along those lines.
Part of Fractals edge over some of the competition is the ability to use 3rd party IRs. Were it me I would really enhance that feature to increase the distance between competing products.

I'm just hoping that procrastination may benefit me this time :D I just started trying to buy an Ultra last week and have been continually trying. I think I may just give up for 5 more days. This is my first post to this Countdown but it has been entertaining reading the speculation. Someone should have kept track of who had the first guess of what this will be and whoever got it right gets FREE one! So for my entry, (I don't think this has been mentioned) it will be a new box for the Standard and the Ultra only a slimmer sleeker 1U space. With a USB port and final version Axe-Edit. Being only a 1U footprint, it won't be meant to do all the tweeking and editing on the unit but from the software. All parameters still accessible from the front panel just not as easy as the 2U box. Of course if it is an updated Axe-Fx I probably won't be able to get my hands on one for at least another 6 months...

Back
Top Bottom