Countdown 0.5...

A 12ax7 added into the Ultra. It wont do anything except make all the naysayers crossover...

Come into the light children.... There is peace and serenity in the light....

Yep 2. No brainer really. I have one I can live with out for a while, prices are at all time high, and Cliff says there is something big worthy of a countdown. I know I am probably going to buy it! What would you do? :)

Debated doing the same thing, but can't help thinking...
"Nah, whatever it is, it can't be better than two Ultras!" :mrgreen

I pretty much feel like Dutch does. I am a happy camper-2 years and I still haven't tweaked all the amps and settings.
Whatever Cliff has to offer is a_OK by me. Being a computer geek I really would love the Axe Edit out of Beta AxeManage.

Well.........
Seeing that also G66 is doing the countdown thing, I'am now sure that at least there is a piece of hardware hidden in this matter.
Something that need an european reseller.
So again probably AXE PC with a "dongle" or anyway an hardware part........
Angelo

why is everyone so excited about the idea of a legit axe-edit? I use the current software to save and send patches, but I don't know how to hook up my axe-fx to the software (I don't think I have the necessary hardware). so maybe i'm missing something... what would be the huge advantage?

I think it's going to be a ridiculous firmware update that is integrated with a more fleshed out axe-edit. More amps, all new presets, better cabinets, and an ability to choose the mic position.

It is obvious that is has a hardware side. Otherwise why should the european distributor have a countdown their website, if there is no hardware to distribute!

Last edited:
Countdown 6 on FAS website.
C'est le bordel. :lol

I would be really disapointed if this is not an head as powerfull than the rack version, available in standard and ultra version and with outputs to be able to use it in a kind of "studio" mode like the rack versions.
I hope that :
_ there will be a tube poweramp and that the match will be perfect.
_ the tube poweramp will be at variable geometry so there will be a special firmware for these heads that allow to use the firmware poweramp models or control directly (by midi) the circuits of the real tube poweramp to change the topology like for the DT50.

If this is what FAS has in his pockets, it will be a big newssssssssssss.
The price could be bigggggggggggggg too.:|

39-730.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom