Countdown 0.5...

Speculation threads = chasing your tail.

images

Well, not always...

1343702872_6869b9661a.jpg

I'm just fucking the countdown. :lol

_ There will be only one tolex color available? :mrgreen

You post yourself in circles; you keep saying you have the answer, yet in the end you are chasing your tail. How many posts do you have on this thread, all of them posted with your typical bravado. :D

No one knows what the hell is in store once the countdown ends; it's all just speculation (which I am staying out of).

Cliff didn't say who it wouldn't be a letdown to. Let's face it, no matter what the countdown leads to, it will probably be a letdown to somebody. If it's a firmware update and/or if AxeEdit come out of beta, then the people who are wanting to buy an Axe FX will be let down, since they are still somewhat difficult to buy right now, and since some of these people are hoping for a lower-cost version of the Axe. If it's a new hardware version of the Axe, current owners will possibly be let down, especially if the new hardware is more powerful than theirs or has updated features, such as USB support. If it's a completely new product, the people hoping for a firmware update or Axe Edit update might be letdown. The only way I can see no one being let down is if Fractal releases all of the things that will result in all of these groups, present and wanting-to-be present Axe FX owners, being not letdown. That seems like a tall order, but we all know Cliff is a pretty special guy and that his company certainly shares those traits.

Giving even some more thought to this, I can see a new Axe FX hardware release being a likely scenario. This situation could please all groups with interest if Fractal were to offer a very generous trade-in opportunity (maybe even straight across) for current Axe FX owners. There are people (such as Brad King from Rig Talk) who are buying all of the Axe FXs they can get their hands on right now. I suspect there may be a number of people that are privy to certain information that makes them want to buy Ultras in bulk right now. I think it's doubtful that these things are coincidence...

I'm both anxious *and* excited hehe

He resells them on ebay at a huge markup. Its so obvious.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Here's an excerpt from my reaction to the countdown:

"harsher than a Line 6..."

Here's another:

"that mother....."

I actually think this is a lot of fun.

You post yourself in circles; you keep saying you have the answer, yet in the end you are chasing your tail. How many posts do you have on this thread, all of them posted with your typical bravado. :D

No one knows what the hell is in store once the countdown ends; it's all just speculation (which I am staying out of).
;) (i will be bored soon :lol and stay away from this forum for a couple of......................days )

Last edited:
The only countdown I care about at this point is the amount of time between now and when UPS has that magical "Out for Delivery" message on the tracking page... :D

Speculating is good sport. It's fun, I like it. Here's my guess.

It will be an Axe-PC / AxeFx-Lite hybrid. :idea This would fill some obvious voids.

There are years worth of public Axe-PC discussions and prototypes Cliff talked about (back when he used to talk). The early idea sounded like an Axe-Fx VST bundled with an audio interface that was also an iLock dongle. 'Everyone' pointed out that this product would get cracked and pirated, dongle or no dongle, as long as the Axe algorithms were running 100% on the PC. This didn't diminish the market for Axe in the studio. The standard\ultra are not ideal platforms for the studio.

Meanwhile, the market for Axe-Fx Lite is obvious.

What if the two products were combined?

Attached to PC via USB it fulfills the Axe-PC promise - the very best way to use Axe-Fx in the studio. It runs all the algorithms and also runs as VST in the DAW. Axe-Edit is super fast with unlimited presets, IRs, more blocks, etc. Impossible to pirate because the core processing can only run on SHARC in the Fractal hardware. (the PC's CPU\RAM assists for extra fast performance / long signal chains)

For the occassional live player, you can take this box out and run it standalone without bringing a computer. Maybe it won't have an interface for front panel editing (just a vol and global EQ).. that's OK since you don't tweak stuff at a gig anyway, you just plug in your MFC and play. Maybe it won't run certain effects or long signal chains standalone.. that's OK because many players use only an amp, cab and a few stomps in each preset live.

This is also OK because the whole thing will cost less than $1000. :mrgreen

All-new Axe customers would have a great new choice, but current Axe owners would buy it too. A dedicated studio Axe plus a worthy backup rig for your "live" axe. Presets created on the studio Axe could be transferred and used on the Standard/Ultra. No more hauling your live rack in and out of the studio. The software will include a simple profiler that will tell you which Axe platforms the current preset will run on (Standard, Ultra, new hardware standalone, or only on the new hardware while connected to PC.)

Speculating is good sport. It's fun, I like it. Here's my guess.

It will be an Axe-PC / AxeFx-Lite hybrid. :idea This would fill some obvious voids.

There are years worth of public Axe-PC discussions and prototypes Cliff talked about (back when he used to talk). The early idea sounded like an Axe-Fx VST bundled with an audio interface that was also an iLock dongle. 'Everyone' pointed out that this product would get cracked and pirated, dongle or no dongle, as long as the Axe algorithms were running 100% on the PC. This didn't diminish the market for Axe in the studio. The standard\ultra are not ideal platforms for the studio.

Meanwhile, the market for Axe-Fx Lite is obvious.

What if the two products were combined?

Attached to PC via USB it fulfills the Axe-PC promise - the very best way to use Axe-Fx in the studio. It runs all the algorithms and also runs as VST in the DAW. Axe-Edit is super fast with unlimited presets, IRs, more blocks, etc. Impossible to pirate because the core processing can only run on SHARC in the Fractal hardware. (the PC's CPU\RAM assists for extra fast performance / long signal chains)

For the occassional live player, you can take this box out and run it standalone without bringing a computer. Maybe it won't have an interface for front panel editing (just a vol and global EQ).. that's OK since you don't tweak stuff at a gig anyway, you just plug in your MFC and play. Maybe it won't run certain effects or long signal chains standalone.. that's OK because many players use only an amp, cab and a few stomps in each preset live.

This is also OK because the whole thing will cost less than $1000. :mrgreen

All-new Axe customers would have a great new choice, but current Axe owners would buy it too. A dedicated studio Axe plus a worthy backup rig for your "live" axe. Presets created on the studio Axe could be transferred and used on the Standard/Ultra. No more hauling your live rack in and out of the studio. The software will include a simple profiler that will tell you which Axe platforms the current preset will run on (Standard, Ultra, new hardware standalone, or only on the new hardware while connected to PC.)

best one so far..

He-he-he, I don't know about you, guys, but I got some magic pills here, so I'm skipping the next 6 countdowns. See you in a week!

Back
Top Bottom