Could use some help with AxeFX III and Reaper

quark

Experienced
I've been trying to do some recording and reamping with Reaper and Axe Fx III without much luck. I started simply by putting an mp3 recording into a reaper track but when I play it back, using the III as the audio interface, I'm unable to get any audio output. I included a couple of screenshots to show how things look when I play the track. The mixer shows that there is data on the master track and the routing matrix shows that the master track is dumping into every one of the outputs except 5,6,7,8 which are special purpose.

With this setup I get absolutely no sound either through my monitor connected to Out 1L or through the headphones. I about to tear out any little hair that I have left but before I do that I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has any suggestions about what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks ...

Screenshot (42).png Screenshot (43).png

I’m fairly new to reaper but have learned a few things. It looks like your track is not “armed”. Try clicking the red arm button on the track and then play it back.

I’m fairly new to reaper but have learned a few things. It looks like your track is not “armed”. Try clicking the red arm button on the track and then play it back.
Thanks ... I'll try that but I think arming a track is only for recording. When you hit the record button, you will record the tracks that are armed. I had no problem recording just in playing back.

Some types of media won’t be heard unless it’s armed... it won’t record if you just push play instead of record. Could be wrong but it’s worth a try.

You need to arm the track. Did you go into preferences and choose the Axe fxiii as your interface?

Thanks for the inputs. Woke up this am, turned on the systems and everything now works as expected. No changes from yesterday but now I can get output from the headphones and monitors when I play the tracks. The tracks did not need to be armed during playback. Would be nice to know what changed as a result of the computer and Axe being put to bed overnight but moving on. Thanks again for the help.

Back
Top Bottom