Could someone with a 90's Ibanez RG offer a wee bit of help re: back plates?

ecalcagnino

Hey there,

I picked up an old J Custom model I have wanted for a long time. The problem is that the three plates in the back are all missing. I would like to get them replaced with new custom made aluminum ones, but my tracings are not very useable and won't yield a nice outcome.

SO, I wanted to ask a big favor... would anyone here have a set of three plates like in the photo, that they could lend me or sell very cheap (I'd happily pass them along just as cheaply)? If you could lend them I would only need them for a day or two. Thanks in advance, I know it's a lot to ask. I could offer you a few $ for your trouble or offer strings or some accessories at dealer cost.

Eric

slop.jpg

Last edited:
If you post where you are located, you may be able to find someone relatively close to you that may have the covers. If that fails, I'm almost positive that one of my six RGs has a set of covers that I could loan you to get yours made.

Place paper over the area and trace, cut out. Then use masking tape to fill in voids of poor trace, while on guitar still. Copy the modified trace. Poke toothpick into final trace for screw hole locations.

Or place on copier to make Xerox for basis of template.

Back
Top Bottom