Could someone guide me in the right direction?

Velokki

Inspired
Hi guys!

I've been an Axe FX 2 user since 2013, and I absolutely love it. However, I suck at crafting patches.

Now, I saw this video:

What would you recommend to get a tone such as that?
It says "The entire performance is played through my Naylor Superdrive 60 head and a Marshall 412 cabinet."

The forum is full of people with super-educated ears, when it comes to amps, cabs etc. The cab part is self-explanatory, but even that; how to mic it properly, what settings?

Could someone point me details, of how to get a tone like that? A sound that is so open, chimy, nicely saturated, full of "body" and sharp but warm at the same time? What amp in the Axe could achive similar results, and with what settings?

P.S. I'm running FW Quantum 10.01.

Thanks a lot, people!

Have you tried contacting Tim Pierce, he might just share his insight on how he crafted his tone. He is known for using a combination of SM 57 and Royer 121 mics through a Neve 1073 clone. To my ears, the amps sounds like a hot-rodded Fender Vibroverb. Good luck

I was going to suggest the Vibroverb and saw that @Techboy57 beat me to it.

I know there are 3 models in the Axe Fx, and I'd probably start with the 3rd one - can't remember the exact name right now.

Funny that they talked a lot about the pickups of the Silver Sky. All 3 pickups are identical ;)

I was going to suggest the Vibroverb and saw that @Techboy57 beat me to it.

I know there are 3 models in the Axe Fx, and I'd probably start with the 3rd one - can't remember the exact name right now.

Funny that they talked a lot about the pickups of the Silver Sky. All 3 pickups are identical ;)
About 6 months I got a PRS silver sky. It’s probably the best Strat I’ve ever played in my life

Back
Top Bottom