Wish Could Preset Search include Scene names?

@Admin M@ said:
It isn't possible for complex reasons, but you CAN now export a list of presets and scenes as text and search that. Find Export as Text, Presets and Scenes List, in the Tools menu.

What would be nice would be for that process to run a lot faster. The editor already has retrieved the names of all the presets, because it takes no time for it to display them in the Preset Manager or Picker. Can't it grab the scenes at the same time? Even if it has to temporarily cache them on disk to keep memory use to a minimum, it'd be preferable to the long iterative process of asking the device for each preset's scenes. At that point a search including scene names could/would be very fast.

Or, make the scene name retrieval an option that runs in the background during the editor's startup if it adds 8x to the start-up time.

@Admin M@ said:

What would be nice would be for that process to run a lot faster. The editor already has retrieved the names of all the presets, because it takes no time for it to display them in the Preset Manager or Picker. Can't it grab the scenes at the same time? Even if it has to temporarily cache them on disk to keep memory use to a minimum, it'd be preferable to the long iterative process of asking the device for each preset's scenes. At that point a search including scene names could/would be very fast.

Or, make the scene name retrieval an option that runs in the background during the editor's startup if it adds 8x to the start-up time.

Again with the necrothread action (sorry guys, I have so much catching up to do!)

I absolutely agree with Greg here! I found this thread by searching the forum for a way to search scene names as well as presets.

Last week I was lookin' around, trying out some presets, and I came across a scene name in what seemed an unlikely amp model. It was called "Gold Dust" (think it was in scene 8 of what I imagine was a "heavier" preset). After a moment, it hit me. I turned on the piezo, and started playing Gold Dust Woman by Fleetwood Mac and it was a flawless scene/preset for the song!! Of course, I spent an hour playing about with it and completely forgot to save it! Now I can't find it to save my life, I've spent an hour at least digging about, no luck and Its like trying to piss in the corner of a round room, i.e. frustrating as hell! ;)

So, if we can now search for scene names too, can someone please show me how to do it?

If not, I respectfully second the request and also if anyone can tell me what preset Gold Dust scene is in I would be grateful eternally! I've given up trying to find it, I'll have to stumble upon it again unless someone's got the answer. :)

</fool mode> I apparently read right past this post above, how embarrassing! Thanks, very helpful info, saved me a ton of time!

Incidentally, that Gold Dust scene I was trying to re-find (for the song Gold Dust Woman) is in the Chainsaw 88 preset. I must have been suffering from the same affliction when hunting that scene back down, because I definitely checked that preset and, of course, read right past that too!! I think I'm sane now. :) Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom