Could I use the FX8 in front of a Power amp like my Quilter Tone Block 200

cyberk9

Inspired
Could I use the FX8 in front of a Power amp say like my Quilter Tone Block 200. I know it is for a regular amp.....but I am running my TC electronic Nova system in front of the Quilter Tone block and it sounds fantastic. I was looking at getting the FX8 to replace my current pedalboard.......here's a pic .I really want to downsize thanks AXE peeps

[pedalboard.jpg quilteramp.jpg

Why the Nova has no amps or sims but does have on board drive.....most of my sound guys tell me this is the clearest sounding rig they have ever heard.....I might be starting a new thing here ..But by adding the FX 8 it could be a monster....plus I was thinging the FX 8 has Copression and eq that should make it sound even better I'm just a little worried about spending over a grand to find out...lol.......on a side note when running my AXE fx 2 through the Tone block I had to turn off the sims...or it was to glassy sounding...and the tone just didn't do it for me because of the loss of freqs through a regular guitar cab...oh well it's only money.....right??:shock

Last edited:
Yeah what I was thinking read that post...just wanted some opinions before I spend more money....thanks for the input...

I guess it depends what you are going for, it works for bass players. You certainly have a ton of EQ to work with.

Sure you can. The TB200 is a full-on guitar head for those unaware, and it sounds pretty great. Just too bad it doesn't have an effects loop so you could 4CM, but pedals straight into the front of Fender combo amps was my bread and butter rig for well over a decade. TB200 makes a nice replacement for, say a 80 pound Twin.

I squeezed my TB200 onto my old pedalboard along with a comp, wah, 4 drive pedals and a Zoom cdr-70 at the end of the chain to take care of del\rev\mod, noisegate, and tuner. Signal chain goes right into the front of the TB.. it's a complete rig in roadcase not much bigger than a briefcase, I just grab one of my cabs, a speaker cable and my pedalboard. I'm already thinking of an FX8 to replace all those other pedals (and end up with a much smaller briefcase).

FX8 + Matrix vb800 would make a really cool rig along the same lines.

Vintage British 800

The Matrix has a loop, so you could get 4 short cables and use 4CM, all inside a pedalboard case. The whole rig would be less than 10 lbs.

vb800-front-web.png

Thanks for the input Robboman............I guess a lot of people have not tried the TB200..........but this little dude replaced all my tube amps.............and if you hook up the AXE to it you have even more possibilities............I'm gonna run with your input and that Matrix vb800 looks real interesting...........thanks

Back
Top Bottom