Could Axe-Change listings show the year please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want know roughly how recent it is, or in some cases, which is the more recent.

To put it differently, what does that month and day tell you now? Pretty much nothing far as I can see, might as well remove it. Was this format requested by someone?

Anyway, if fixing this takes more than 5 minutes tops, the app isn't built well or the person isn't familiar with it. This discussion consumes more effort than actually doing it.

To put it differently, what does that month and day tell you now? Pretty much nothing far as I can see, might as well remove it. Was this format requested by someone?
Nothing. I base my decisions off the firmware version. The further from current, the less likely it is to translate well.

This came up for me because as a new Fractal guy,I thought I'd see what Leon Todd had posted, presets and IRs. I'm a lot less interested in what he did in 2003 than 2020. I could reverse engineer that back to firmware versions if I really had to, but no thanks.

Short version: I see no advantage to the current way those dates are shown, and I hope someone who can improves it. I'll lose zero sleep over it if that doesn't happen though.

The listed firmware version should give you enough of an indication as to whether the preset is old or new.

This came up for me because as a new Fractal guy,I thought I'd see what Leon Todd had posted, presets and IRs. I'm a lot less interested in what he did in 2003 than 2020. I could reverse engineer that back to firmware versions if I really had to, but no thanks.

Short version: I see no advantage to the current way those dates are shown, and I hope someone who can improves it. I'll lose zero sleep over it if that doesn't happen though.
if you type "2112" in AxeChange from axe edit, you'll see every preset Leon Todd uploaded in order with Year, Month & Date!

Im not understanding the problem.

Huh, is there any reason why the web version can't also show the date with the year included?
Why do you need the web version?
Axe Edit is on the web via AxeChange.

is there something particular that you’re trying to do, which requires a web browser interface?

Why do you need the web version?
Axe Edit is on the web via AxeChange.

is there something particular that you’re trying to do, which requires a web browser interface?
Look around when I'm not home or not in front of my Axe.

Really, if this was a huge task then maybe all this back and forth would be worth it, but it's super simple in any likely web construction environment. Replace the useless info with something useful, get rid of it, or, I suppose, just leave as something not important enough to improve. Does not need this level of debate/rationalization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom