Could anyone suggest any improvement for my preset?

mrleon83

Hi all, just looking to get opinions on my preset.

I'm using this for my modern country covers band so the first three scenes are standard clean, crunch and lead, the next three are a delay setting, clean and crunch lead then the final two scenes are patches I've set up for piezo.

The guitar used is a PRS SE Hollowbody Piezo.

Reason I'm asking for input is that I'm driving myself crazy with trying to improve it , but it might just be me going into overtweaker mode, what do you think?

Exported as a preset bundle due to the custom cabs used...

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• Boss and the hogs.fasBundle
    49.3 KB · Views: 21
Before the master 'fremen' looks at it, I'll give you my 2 cents. I'm using an EBMM axis and I could record with this. I would make a few slight changes just based on minimizing dropouts. If you use 2 serial amp blocks you could mitigate the drops between the Shirley and the USA clean. Put one in as the shirley and right after put the USA clean. Just have them set and ready to go and disable as needed on each scene. You are also using 2 types of reverb which causes some issue when changing between the piezo ambient and the piezo. (A and D, I think). If it's an FM9 or III, you could go with 2 reverbs similar to the amps and have one ready. Other than that, I think it sounds great. Oh, and you could use the scene level for the lead scene to bump up the volume or even it out. Cheers.

If you're running it on an FM9 or higher, here are my changes for what it's worth. Like I said, the tweaks are minor as the sound is already very good. I had to change the cab number locations to accommodate my vacant slots.

Attachments

• Boss and the hogs2.fasBundle
    61 KB · Views: 10
Thanks so much @dean701 , alas I’m on a fm3 but really appreciate the pointers … I feel my preset has a bit of brittleness about the tone … but maybe that’s be abuse I haven’t had it up loud enough?

crap, sorry I steered you the wrong way with the added blocks. It is worth noting that I have an eq on xlr output 1 that I always have engaged to kill shrillness. My guitar is very bright. I kind of like the 'brittleness' as you put it. I usually make my presets cranked with a drum vst going in the background. I want to make sure that the high end sizzle mixes with the cymbals and the guitar doesn't get lost and your preset cuts through.

1674543539978.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom