Wish Could a Firmware update enable FX8 to have an IR block

jhbpa

Inspired
I've owned FX II and AX8 for several years and had pretty much quit using my tube amps. I recently acquired a Suhr reactive load box. For those unfamiliar with it, here's a Pete Thorn video,

I'm so impressed with results that I'm using my amps regularly again. I've used the AX8 in every combination from just an IR host to all effects. Have also gotten great results with the new Helix Native plugin and Reaper with a traditional pedal board and several IR loader plugins.

My understanding is that IO's on the FX8 with regards to integrating with amps.

So, probably not because the processing horsepower isn't there. But, even if it was, the FX8 doesn't see the post-power amp signal from your amplifier so any IR processing it'd do would be in the entirely wrong spot in the signal chain. It would be post-preamp, pre-power amp. It'd sound...wrong.

If you had a reactive load and wanted to use the FX8 for effects and as an IR loader it could definitely work. The amp/load would go in the loop so you could have guitar - fx8 pre fx - amp/load - fx8 post fx/IR, if the processing power would allow it.

Back
Top Bottom