Corrupt Global Configuration Error 101 PLEASE HELP

ibanezjp84

I've had an FX8 that i've been using for a month now. Every so often upon startup (usually after it's not been used for while) I get the corrupt global configuration Error 101. I press enter and all my presets are there but I have to reset some global parameters by restoring from a backup. I initially thought I fixed this by going down from 5.04 to 5.03 but it popped up again today. I have it backed up but am scared of this happening when I show up to a gig. I also made sure that when I went down to 5.03 I started over by setting the parameters again and then backing up so to be clear I'm not restoring a 5.04 backup to a 5.03 unit. What could be causing the corrupted global configuration? The only things I change from the factory setup as far as parameters is some global eq on the post out, changing the scene switch to preset, and making the hold time .25 instead of .50

Another random question is sometimes I turn the unit on and footswitch 4 is unresponsive. I restart and it comes back working but again just wondering what's going on here.

Try a factory reset? It looks like a software corruption. I also have a second hand Mark1 but I could transfer the warranty. I had a footswitch which broke off so they picked it up and repaired it for free. Great service at g66.eu.

Try a factory reset? It looks like a software corruption. I also have a second hand Mark1 but I could transfer the warranty. I had a footswitch which broke off so they picked it up and repaired it for free. Great service at g66.eu.

How do I do the warranty transfer? I did do a factory reset when I first got the unit.

I've had an FX8 that i've been using for a month now. Every so often upon startup (usually after it's not been used for while) I get the corrupt global configuration Error 101. I press enter and all my presets are there but I have to reset some global parameters by restoring from a backup. I initially thought I fixed this by going down from 5.04 to 5.03 but it popped up again today. I have it backed up but am scared of this happening when I show up to a gig. I also made sure that when I went down to 5.03 I started over by setting the parameters again and then backing up so to be clear I'm not restoring a 5.04 backup to a 5.03 unit. What could be causing the corrupted global configuration? The only things I change from the factory setup as far as parameters is some global eq on the post out, changing the scene switch to preset, and making the hold time .25 instead of .50

Another random question is sometimes I turn the unit on and footswitch 4 is unresponsive. I restart and it comes back working but again just wondering what's going on here.
Contact support.

How do I do the warranty transfer? I did do a factory reset when I first got the unit.

What I did was email the vendor (g66.eu) with the serialnr of the unit and asked for a warranty transfer. I also send the original receipt. But I did confirm if this was an option before I bought it second hand.

Back
Top Bottom