Correct way to use Parametric EQ?

Snouttrout

Inspired
I’m using three Damage Control preset, which was tone matched. There’s no cabinet block so I’m trying to use the parametric EQ for low and high cuts. See the attached picture. Am I’m doing this correctly? It appears to be working but I don’t think the gain of -12db is doing anything. I left the Q = .707 value. Should that be changed?E90AD822-3AAD-4005-822B-58A24C7B730C.jpeg

I'm not sure the Gain matters for Blocking type but I might be wrong.

I think you can also just export the Tone Match as an IR and then load it in a Cab block.

I think you can also just export the Tone Match as an IR and then load it in a Cab block.
Correct the gain control doesn't do anything when it's set to blocking. Also a +1 to exporting the tonematch as an IR and loading it as a cab. The cab block has its own high and low pass filters so you won't even need the PEQ for that.

If all you want is a high and low pass then you have everything correct. Mess with the frequencies and bit to find the sweet spot.

I tried to export it with axe edit, and I thought it worked. However, the IR is not available to use. The manual is missing a description on how to do this, as far as I can tell. Any advice?

I tried to export it with axe edit, and I thought it worked. However, the IR is not available to use. The manual is missing a description on how to do this, as far as I can tell. Any advice?
I've never actually needed to do it... So unfortunately, I don't have any tips.

Back
Top Bottom