Corncob R100 and Euro Uber 9.03

The Corncob sounds more opened up to me, particularly in the mids. It also has a more "brittle" quality to it that I dislike, and the Uber does not.

FreaqyFrequency said:
The Corncob sounds more opened up to me, particularly in the mids. It also has a more "brittle" quality to it that I dislike, and the Uber does not.

I think that has MUCH more to do with the IR in use and not the amp. My own Corncob preset sounds nothing like CofC's.

=============================================================================================================='

Cardinal - I like the Uber more in this instance; it sounds more aggressive.

Please post both patches. I thought each sounded great, for different reasons. Also what redwire mic were you using?

I liked the bite of the Corncob and the space it occupies in the mix.
(Listening done with Sennheiser HD 280 PRO h-phones)

matt15f said:
Please post both patches. I thought each sounded great, for different reasons. Also what redwire mic were you using?

+1

Nice sound and nice riff to

Another vote for the Corncob.

I like the clarity it had and did not notice the "brittleness" someone else mentioned. They both sound great, and the Uber might be better suited for the song, but I like the tone of the Corncob better overall.

Since I know someone will ask for those patches, I guess it might as well be me. :twisted:

Must have bad ears because I hardly hear any difference.
Like 'em both. No coincedence that I have both in my 8 favorite amp patches.

Hey guys, yeah the Uber is a bit smoother and I like the way the palm mutes sound on the low string. I tried doing one track of each and it sounds pretty good. I tweaked the uber patch ever so slightly afterwards but I'll post the 2 patches tonight.
As far as which IR, I am pretty sure it was one of the SM57 ones but which one exactly... I can't remember! I wish you could name them in the user cab slots!!!!!

The corncob sounds more raw to me and the uber more compressed and finished.

I would like to hear both with a bass guitar in the mix to see where they sit. If the Uber doesn't get in the way, I much prefer that one.

Through my monitors, the Corncob is the one that cut through the mix. No brittleness, just beautiful tone. :cool: Some of the palm mutes with the Uber got lost in sonic space.

Back
Top Bottom