Corncob M50 Zilla rocker

shaunb

Experienced
This is a recording I did back in the early beta of the upcoming Zilla pack from ML Soundlab.
My man Darko Dimovski had some fun remixing it so I thought I'd post the original.

This is the Corncob M50 with a number of single mic IRs utilising V30 and Creamback H75 speakers and SM57 mics.

I'll post the complete song soon, this is just a snippet.

Any chance of you sharing that preset? I know its not for everyone, but i personally love the tone from a Cornford! :)
Great tone, great playing, I look forward to hearing the rest!!! :)

Any chance of you sharing that preset? I know its not for everyone, but i personally love the tone from a Cornford! :)
Great tone, great playing, I look forward to hearing the rest!!! :)

Thanks mate.
I made this ages ago so I went back to the preset and to my surprise it's basically everything at noon and a TS808 on clean boost duties.

Attachments

• Cornford Zilla*.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 20
+1

Also interested in the bass sound, what's the story there?

Whoa - the bass sounds GREAT !

Thanks guys.
I adapted a bass preset posted by SeeD on one of his videos as a template and re-worked it for myself.
The things that are unchanged in my version are SeeD's compression and Multiband Compression blocks, the rest I tweaked to my taste.

I left the other blocks in there to play with, but I basically use the comp, amp, cab and multicomp blocks.

It's the Citrus Bass paired with ML SV Bass Mix 04 and ML SV Bass Subkick D recorded each to their own track.
Then My secret weapon is a Cubase plugin called "DaTube" which I apply to the Mix 04 track. Makes it dirty and very lively and I can adjust in the mix as needed.

The other big factor is the bass itself.
I picked up a G&L Tribute L-2500 and it's a beast.

I hope this helps.

Big thanks to SeeD for sharing his bass presets and helping people like me who had no idea how to ring up a good bass tone. Check out his youtube vids, they're pretty great

Attachments

• O BASS G&L.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Thanks Shaun! I've listened to this and the remix version a number of times. The G&L sounds great, and it's obviously in the right hands.

Thanks mate.
I made this ages ago so I went back to the preset and to my surprise it's basically everything at noon and a TS808 on clean boost duties.

Awesome! Thank you, my friend! Ill be trying this out with my new Bare Knuckle Juggernaut TONIGHT! :)

The guitar tone sounds great, but I have to admit, right when it started my first thought was "damn what a great bass tone" ! lol
Thanks for sharing the presets.

Thanks Shaun! I've listened to this and the remix version a number of times. The G&L sounds great, and it's obviously in the right hands.
Cheers NY Guitarist.
I'm enjoying playing bass more and more these days, buying that bass was a good move for me.
The preset is up if you want it.

Bass sounds dope!
Cheers, I'm starting to figure it all out.

Awesome! Thank you, my friend! Ill be trying this out with my new Bare Knuckle Juggernaut TONIGHT! :)
You're very welcome. I hope the preset works, it's such an underrated amp.

The guitar tone sounds great, but I have to admit, right when it started my first thought was "damn what a great bass tone" ! lol
Thanks for sharing the presets.
Thanks mate, I'm getting the bass tone to a point where I'm happy with thankfully. Still learning so much on the Fractal.

Nice ! I do like the Cornford model very much and the bass is awesome. I have some old Seed patches I use but they don't sound that good probably because my Bass guitar is kinda crappy. Nice work there.

Wow - that was great. Looking forward to the whole tune; you also have me eyeballing that bass ... damnit ... with all the tone controls on the G&L2500, was it easy to come to grips with as well to get the tone you wanted?

Nice ! I do like the Cornford model very much and the bass is awesome. I have some old Seed patches I use but they don't sound that good probably because my Bass guitar is kinda crappy. Nice work there.

Thanks.
I was borrowing a friends Schecter and the presets didn't sound great. Once I got my own bass and adjusted the amp setting to suit everything started to work so much better.

Wow - that was great. Looking forward to the whole tune; you also have me eyeballing that bass ... damnit ... with all the tone controls on the G&L2500, was it easy to come to grips with as well to get the tone you wanted?

Thanks mate.
It's a very easy bass to get along with.
Being a two humbucker guitar guy I love switching options, so this fits the bill well.
It only took 30 mins playing through the options to find what I was after.
It's my first bass, so I've never had one to really invest time into until now.

The options are great.
Three way pickup select, series/parallel and a switch for passive/active/active with treble boost.

I use active with treble boost and in series most of the time. Neck pickup when I play it as a four string for my Standard E and Drop D songs.

Then I use the bridge pickup for any baritone songs in B or a Drop A so the low stuff cuts a bit more.

It's a great sounding bass and really versatile. Sound great with some gnarly dirt but cleans up beautifully.

Sounds just how I imagine.
I'm a Helmet nut too and love that Henry Bogdan sound, so I had to get one.

Love it. A bit of STP feel ! At least that's what I hear.

I love STP!
The Deleo brothers are in my top handful of guitarists and bassists for sure.

I never heard an STP vibe in this but now that you mention it I think you might be right.
If this had a more twangy Tele or Danelectro type tone it could sound like something off Tiny Music or Shangri La Dee Da.

Nice pick up there.

Core is still one of my favourite albums of all time.

Back
Top Bottom