• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Copying Scenes?

chris

Legend!
A Scene is only block on/off and channel. A Preset is what controls what blocks are available.

So, no.

chris

Legend!
I assume it's the same for channels as well?
you can copy a channel to the clipboard, then paste it to the same block type after changing Presets.

click the Channel dropdown menu in the block and choose copy.

retnuH

I was just looking for that capability too, like copying channels. Most of my presets have similar setups and I'd like to be able to copy a scene setup to other presets instead of recreating them from scratch in each one. Can't have it all I guess but I am really digging the Axe III. I guess if I link global blocks from the master preset to the others then I can just turn on the individual channels I want and save as a scene.

unix-guy

Legend!
I was just looking for that capability too, like copying channels. Most of my presets have similar setups and I'd like to be able to copy a scene setup to other presets instead of recreating them from scratch in each one. Can't have it all I guess but I am really digging the Axe III. I guess if I link global blocks from the master preset to the others then I can just turn on the individual channels I want and save as a scene.
You might want to look into preset templates in Axe Edit, too.

If you like to use the same basic grid layout and scenes, you can just create new presets from a template that you save.

retnuH

Thanks- I haven't looked at that in-depth yet but these are presets that I have ported over from the Axe II so are a little far along for that. Eventually I'll create new presets and get it all set up with the new stuff but had to get it playable in the short term first and get my controller working first.

Guitarman69

Inspired
What I do is :

On the preset that has the scene I prefer, make a note of what channels I am using in that particular scene (Clicking Block info makes this very simple).

Click Preset and then Save as Blocks in Library.

Make a new preset and put in the blocks I want.

Click on Block Library and choose the block I just saved.

Set that block to the channel I noted .

Repeat for all blocks you want in that scene.

All set, and leaves the blocks easily accessible in the library to build another preset with similar tones and/or effects.

It does not take that much time to do and it much easier than starting from scratch or copying 5 or 6 blocks to the clipboard back and forth in between presets.

Hope this helps.

Just my 2 cents

Top Bottom