Bug? Copying old TMA blocks to Axe-Fx

prometh

Power User
Pre v8:
  • worked :: transferring presets with TMA blocks from Axe to computer
  • worked :: transferring presets with TMA blocks from computer to Axe
  • didn't work :: copying+pasting TMA blocks (with IR data) in Axe-Edit to new presets
v10:
  • works :: transferring presets with TMA blocks from Axe to computer
  • doesn't work :: transferring presets with TMA blocks from computer to Axe
  • doesn't work :: copying+pasting TMA blocks (with IR data) in Axe-Edit to new presets

Running pre v8, copied+pasted TMA blocks were silent.
Running v10, copied+pasted and/or transferred TMA blocks sound like Ring Mods.

I got it working in pre v8 by building my presets around the basic preset that I'd originally used to create the tone match. Now with v10, I cannot transfer any of this to the Axe and doing a new tone match is currently not an option, so I appear to be up shit creek.

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust Axe-Edit for this. I've tested old TMA presets using MIDI-OX and they work fine.

Used that to send the old preset and successfully stored it on the unit. However, now the Axe-Fx crashes/freezes every now and then (with Axe-Edit closed) when loading the stored preset and Axe-Edit crashes every time I open it while the Axe-Fx is [successfully] on that preset.

Prometh, I'm just wondering how effective these old TMA's are going to be with the new amp models anyway? I know that you probably have a lot of time invested in them if you have a bunch of TMA presets, but I'd hate to see you suffer through all of this right now and have no real payoff.

Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom