Copying and pasting blocks without Axe Edit

jerry_skong

Hi everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post.

I have a question I was hoping someone could help me with:

Without Axe Edit, can I copy and paste blocks within a preset/ within a scene? (i.e. do copy and paste blocks on the Axefx3 unit itself)

You can copy channels within a block and scenes within a preset, but not blocks between presets on the III's front panel. The II had a feature to copy blocks from other presets via the front panel, but that was not ported to the III. The closest thing would be to link the desired block to a global block and then load that global block into other presets and then unlink it via the Tools tab on the Layout screen.

You can copy channels within a block and scenes within a preset, but not blocks between presets on the III's front panel. The II had a feature to copy blocks from other presets via the front panel, but that was not ported to the III. The closest thing would be to link the desired block to a global block and then load that global block into other presets and then unlink it via the Tools tab on the Layout screen.
Thank you for your reply.

I have a confession: I don't own an Axefx (or any fractal product). I have just been researching endlessly because I am contemplating buying an Axe3. So my question arises merely from Youtube videos and not from any real experience I have with the unit. Please excuse me if I don't make sense in places.

Just to clarify my question: If I am looking at a scene layout on the unit, and I see these blocks (back to back, with no shunts in between blocks):

Drive > Amp > Cab > Reverb

Say I now want to insert a chorus block inbetween the cab and the reverb block, without Axe edit, how do I do it without having to:

(i) delete the reverb block so as to replace it with a chorus block; and
(ii) rebuild my reverb block from scratch in the next shunt after the chorus block?

Wondering if there is some way to copy and paste the reverb block down to the next shunt, delete the original reverb block and put in a chorus in its place.

On the unit or in AxeEdit, you can move blocks over on the grid to make room.
Block settings are preserved.
Whether connections to other blocks are preserved depends on the situation, but they're not hard to recreate.

On the unit or in AxeEdit, you can move blocks over on the grid to make room.
Block settings are preserved.
Whether connections to other blocks are preserved depends on the situation, but they're not hard to recreate.
I'm so happy to hear that I can move blocks over on the grid without Axe edit, on the unit itself.

May I ask what the buttons/ knobs/ menus are to do this?

I can't for the life of me find this info on YT, because everyone demos/ gives tutorials with Axe edit. I understand everything is much easier with Axe Edit but I want to just use the unit as I don't like hooking up a PC/laptop/Mac to units.

You can download the manual and it explains everything clearly. I read the manual for a month before i got my unit.

You can download the manual and it explains everything clearly. I read the manual for a month before i got my unit.
All right then. I will try again (I read the relevant part of the manual but could not find what I was looking for). Maybe I need to look again.

Thanks to all for your help.

I'm so happy to hear that I can move blocks over on the grid without Axe edit, on the unit itself.

May I ask what the buttons/ knobs/ menus are to do this?

I can't for the life of me find this info on YT, because everyone demos/ gives tutorials with Axe edit. I understand everything is much easier with Axe Edit but I want to just use the unit as I don't like hooking up a PC/laptop/Mac to units.
This is going to be short, vague, and possibly inaccurate, because I'm not in front of my Axe and have to get some sleep...

On the unit, hit the Home button, then page right, I think twice.
You'll see orange (I think) text of an action, Move Block Left or something.
Turning the value knob shows different commands -- Move Left, Move Right, Copy Scene, Copy Channel, etc,
In the display, one of the knobs below it will be labelled Execute, and pressing it does whatever command is shown.

I hope that makes sense, and is somewhere close to how it actually works.
If not, maybe some of that can lead you to more exact instructions in the manual.

Good night all!

This is going to be short, vague, and possibly inaccurate, because I'm not in front of my Axe and have to get some sleep...

Turning the value knob shows different commands -- Move Left, Move Right, Copy Scene, Copy Channel, etc,
In the display, one of the knobs below it will be labelled Execute, and pressing it does whatever command is shown.

If not, maybe some of that can lead you to more exact instructions in the manual.

Good night all!
Wow, appreciate the effort from you to help me out. If and when I finally buy my Axefx, I will be sure to try what you have said.

Read in places that this forum is a great and helpful place. Now I have experienced it for myself!

Good night all!
You actually go into the layout screen & then page right twice to get to all the block commands.

When I edit a block and then I overwrite it's place in the grid with a shunt or an empty space the blocks settings seem to be still in the edit buffer because when I reenter that block on a different place in the grid it comes up with the old settings. I don't know if that is a sound method though.

When it's about important settings and I don't want any risks I use global blocks like mr_fender described above.

When I edit a block and then I overwrite it's place in the grid with a shunt or an empty space the blocks settings seem to be still in the edit buffer because when I reenter that block on a different place in the grid it comes up with the old settings. I don't know if that is a sound method though.

When it's about important settings and I don't want any risks I use global blocks like mr_fender described above.
I'm not certain, but I think some types of blocks remember the last saved (or last accessed maybe?) settings for that block type, and use them as the defaults for a new block of that type. I don't rely on that though, since IME exactly how it behaves is different for different block types. I most often insert the block, try it with whatever defaults came up, and if it's not claose ot what i'm after, reset the block and go from there.

Resetting the block behaves differently for different block types too. Some keep the main subtype (like what amp model it is), and reset everything else, but some reset everything.

Back
Top Bottom