Wish Copy the Scene Level with "Copy current scene to x" function

painkiller

Experienced
There is this very handy function "Copy current scene to x", which copies scenes incl. the Bypass States, the Scene Controllers and the CS per Scene.
What it doesn't copy is the Scene Level in the Output Blocks. The "Copy current scene to x" function would be perfect if the Scene Levels would be copied as well :)

Last edited:
Confirmed.. Definitely seems like an over site? Those settings are copied and pasted along with the scene on all of the legacy units.

Does it do so on the hardware (Layout > Tools)? If so, then it's not a bug because AE adheres to the hardware. Then this should be a wish in the Axe-Fx III Wishlist.

That's a good question, I will test it tomorrow.
But I still think that it's Axe-Edit III related. Because originally the Axe-Edit Copy-function only copied the Bypass State and was expanded later.

Quote from the Axe-Edit III release notes:
The "Copy current scene to..." menu commands now copy the current scene's Scene Controller values to the destination scene.

Last edited:
That's a good question, I will test it tomorrow.
But I still think that it's Axe-Edit III related. Because in the past these copy-functions were announced as new Axe-Edit III functions.

Quote from the Axe-Edit III release notes:
The "Copy current scene to..." menu commands now copy the current scene's Scene Controller values to the destination scene.
Scene Controllers and Scene Level are different things.

Scene Controllers and Scene Level are different things.

Yes, but they are connected to Scenes!
The Axe-Edit III Copy function copies everything which is connected to Scenes. Currently it is the Bypass States, the Scene Controller values and the CS per Scene settings. Even though they are different things ;)

As Moke already wrote: In Axe-Edit II the Scene Level was always copied when you copied or swapped scenes. Also the Scene Controller values were copied in Axe-Edit II.

Last edited:
Yes, but they are connected to Scenes!
The Axe-Edit III Copy function copies everything which is connected to Scenes. Currently it is the Bypass States, the Scene Controller values and the CS per Scene settings. Even though they are different things ;)
Yes, but to be fair, you said that "... these copy-functions were announced as new Axe-Edit III functions." To support that, you quoted the release notes mentioning Scene Controllers which, while related to scenes, are not the scene levels in question.

This was just to show that more Scene related values were successively added to the Axe-Edit III copy function after it originally only copied the Bypass State.
(Language barrier, I guess, I should've kept my mouth shut :grinning: )

Last edited:
This was just to show that more Scene related values were successively added to the Axe-Edit III copy function after it originally only copied the Bypass State.
(Language barrier, I guess, I should've kept my mouth shut :grinning: )
Ah, alles klar.

Language barriers can only be overcome by repeatedly hurling yourself against them. :) I'm glad you opened your mouth.

Does it do so on the hardware (Layout > Tools)? If so, then it's not a bug because AE adheres to the hardware. Then this should be a wish in the Axe-Fx III Wishlist.

I just tried it. The front panel doesn't copy the Scene Levels either.
BTW, I never wrote that it's a bug!

Another bump! :)

Summary:
If one copies or swaps Scenes with the respective Axe-Edit III functions, not only the bypass states are copied or swapped, even many Scene related settings like Scene Controllers or CS Per Scene are copied or swapped too. What is NOT copied or swapped are the Scene Levels.

It would be great if the Scene Levels could be added to the Copy or Swap functions. This would be very useful and an addition doesn't seem complicated to me. At least in was included in Axe-Edit II.

I disallow the argument that the front panel doesn't do it either, because Axe-Edit III does many things which are not possible on the front panel, which otherwise would be sadly missed :D ;)

Last edited:
I personally stay away from the Output block Scene Sliders because I don't want any Delay/Reverb tails to get altered when changing scenes.

But I still can't believe that this hasn't been added.

+1

Back
Top Bottom