Copy settings from one model to another for auditioning?

stm113

Power User
I hope I ask this right. When I am auditioning different models of the Mark IV (for example) and I get a tone I mostly like between the GEq and maybe a couple of advanced tweaks, but I want to try the BRT or BRT+ and I lose the GEq or advanced tweaks. You guys have any work arounds you use?

Why can't you just change the amp in the preset? Alternatively you can make a copy of the preset to a new location and change amps till you're hearts content without messing up the original preset.

When you change the amp there are settings that reset, for example the graphic eq. This is especially daunting when messing with the Mark IV models, when you want one of the different modes but the graphic EQ goes back to flat.

When you change the amp there are settings that reset, for example the graphic eq. This is especially daunting when messing with the Mark IV models, when you want one of the different modes but the graphic EQ goes back to flat.

Yes it does. So if I understand what your saying you want a replacement preset amp to stay with the settings as the tweaked amp in the saved preset...correct? I don't believe that is possible. You would have to do the tweaking that you did in the saved preset manually whenever yo change that amp.

Here is a way to make it easier though. You can do a screenshot of each of the pages in the tweaked preset amp block so that when you change the amp you can just look at the screenshots and match the settings! Once you match the settings save each new amp block so that you can recall them at any time.

I think I am going to do something like that. While I’m working with the Mark models. Thanks for the inspiration.

FracTool has an 'Amp resetter' tab that can do that. You have to check all of the boxes in the very long list of parameters that you want untouched. Select the preset or range of presets that you want the amp reset in. Select whether you want to include the other channels (the 'Y' state for older units).

Last edited:
FracTool has an amp re-setter tab that can do that. You have to check all of the boxes in the very long list of parameters that you want untouched. Select the preset or range of presets that you want the amp reset. Select whether you want to include the other channels (the 'Y' state for older units).
That's good to know!!

Back
Top Bottom