Wish "Copy Output 1 to Output 3" in the I/O Menu

I fail to see how there is any use case that isn't already covered by copying to Output 2.

I fail to see how there is any use case that isn't already covered by copying to Output 2.
Hudgygurdygui mentions a few posts up that he is already using Out2 for something else. OP wants to globally add Out3 for his scenario. They are not the likeliest of use cases, but extra flexibity in routing audio is always a good addition to the sonic toolbox, IMHO....

Could this be a solution?

copy.jpg

You will have the mixer settings and the scene levels of Out1 in the other Outs.

Last edited:
I +1'd because I'm planning on using out 1 for FRFR, out 2 for AES fx loop (returning via balanced analog in 2), and ss poweramp+physical cab through either out 3 or 4 -- and want to be able to try out factory presets through the cab. Currently I use factory presets only through headphones, then edit those that I want to also use through cab.

If I could copy out 1 to out 3 or 4, I would be able to try factory presets with physical cab without editing them by simply disabling cabs globally. Without copy out 1 to out 3/4, either need to edit factory presets or physically reconnect the power amp to out 1, then back to out 3 or 4 afterwards.

No problem editing those that I want to keep/use, but the trying out part is a pain without copy out 1 to out 3 or 4.

Last edited:

I can describe one significant use case (at least for me) :)

We are using in our band one Axe FX III for 2 guitars.
Setup:
  • Guitar 1 -> Input 1 -> Amp1 -> Cab1 + other processing -> Output 1 -> PA system
  • Guitar 1 -> Input 1 -> Amp1 -> Cab1 + other processing -> Output 3 -> External Amp + Cab
  • Guitar 2 -> Input 2 -> Amp2 -> Cab2 + other processing -> Output 2 -> PA system
  • Guitar 2 -> Input 2 -> Amp2 -> Cab2 + other processing -> Output 4 -> External Amp + Cab
1. I have to set additional Output 3 and Output 4 block in all our presets.
2. When I want to use/try different presset (e.g. any factory preset) and don't want do any excercise with otput cables (switching between Output3, Output2), I have to put Output 3 block into this preset to be able to hear it in my external monitor (External Amp + Cab) ...

I'd preffer to implement common solution for this (or similar) situation.

It's similar to this one wish:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/outputs-copy-all-combinations.166480/

Thanks.

Yeah, can come in handy at times.

BTW, I do have Out 1 and Out 3 blocks in every preset.

Out 1 (and Out 2 if needed) are reserved for FRFR/direct. This lets me choose between XLR and 1/4, and have separate volume control.
Out 3 is for power amp and traditional amp.
I'm a little confused, Axe FX 3 also has 1/4" Output 1---couldn't I use 1/4" Output 1 both left and right for stereo going into my Seymour Duncan Power Stage 700 flat response amp? I've read that many are using Output 3. It looks like Outputs 3 and 4-- 1/4" jacks are the same as Output 1-- 1/4" jack that are wired for Humbuster cables if they are used. I attached the diagram of Axe FX 3 output diagram. It also seems easier to use Output 1--1/4" as all the factory presets default to output 1 configuration. Appreciate your advice on this.

Attachments

• Axe FX 3 output diagram.JPG
    Axe FX 3 output diagram.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom