Copy one channel of a block to another preset?

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
I thought I remembered people saying there was a way to copy a single channel of a block to another preset, but I can't find it. Please, tell me I missed it!

Help?

Right click the channels section of the block and "Copy channel to clipboard".

Go to the preset where you want it and do the same except use "Paste from clipboard".

Copy channel to clipboard and paste from clipboard to desired channel in new block. I have a preset with the most used blocks to create "best of" blocks from various presets using the clipboard.

You might want to learn more about global block settings as well. I have the same signal chain I use for piezo, and to rebuild it, I just throw in generic 6 blocks I always use for that - In2, Comp, GEQ. . .. I add the six blocks, but rather than editing each one, I select each and pick the "acoustic" global block from the drop-down list.
It would certainly be faster if I could just copy/paste multiple blocks at once or save an entire signal chain, but this approach is straightforward and works well enough for me.

You can also create a preset template in Axe Edit with all of your commonly used blocks already in it and configured and build from there instead of starting from scratch each time.

There's also the option of saving blocks in the block library, not as efficient as copy and paste but an option nonetheless.

A little nugget of info that changes things. I believe the only way to copy and paste individual channels is in Axe-Edit.
While is true that edit more on the hardware I did actually look for this in Axe-Edit. Turns out there are two Channel submenus, and I was looking in the wrong one.

The intersection designer side of me kinda feels like either there should be clear and logical separation of what's in each one, or they should be the same.

Anyway, now I know, so thanks all.

Here's a video tutorial showing you how to copy block channels and paste them into other presets. Made for the FM3, in this case, copying Amp Channels and Cab channels from one preset to another, but concept works same on Axe-Fx III, should be helpful. Hope so.

Back
Top Bottom