Wish Copy Entire Tab of Settings and Paste to Same Tab in Same Type Block

Joe Bfstplk

Legend!
It would be really helpful to be able to copy an entire tab of settings and paste them into a different instance of the same type block.

Swapping in the power amp settings from one amp type into another would be a great use case example.
Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 6.11.26 PM.png
Also, to be able to copy/paste a tab of Control settings (and any modifier definitions) would be extremely handy, too.
Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 6.18.00 PM.png
TBH, being able to save a Control tab in a library would be exceptionally handy, too. That way you could bring in LFO control settings you had saved without whacking any existing settings in the other tabs. Each tab of Controls having its own ABCD channel separately would be exceptionally cool, too.

While I understand the wish, and can see sometimes using this feature, I feel like there are enough workarounds that this isn't super critical.

I make a quick Screen Captures when I want to replicate a page.

Meanwhile, as you know, you can save blocks or channels in the library.
You can copy/paste blocks, channels, or individual parameter values.

But you are correct: you can't copy/paste subgroups of parameter values.

It's pretty critical when updating stuff across a lot of presets. Sometimes you want to roll out a new, cool thing that applies to a lot of presets.

Referring to a screenshot for one or two iterations of updating a tab full of settings is easy enough, but when you want to apply the same settings change across more than about 10 presets, it becomes an all day or multi-day project.

I am currently in day 3 of updating a few somewhat complicated things across most of my presets. This sort of across the board preset revamp seems to come along multiple times a year, sometimes triggered by a cool idea that I want to apply more or less across the board, sometimes by a cool new feature added in a firmware update that triggers an update of most/all my presets.

It would be a major workflow enhancement....

There's a different (but better, IMO) feature that will solve your problem. It's coming to a future release of your favorite editor soon. You heard it here first ;-)
Ooh...a mystery feature to anticipate.

Murphy's Law says it will drop on August 1 or 2....

Back
Top Bottom