Copy channels between similar blocks

Ugly Bunny

Power User
My wish is for the ability to copy, say channel A of the Output 1 block to channel A of Output 2. Drive 1 to Drive 2, etc.

I noticed this wasn't possible yesterday: I had scene levels set for Output 1 and tried to copy the channel to Output 2 and it was grayed out. I use the headphones (output 1) but when I gig, I use Output 2 (1/4" jacks), so I have to have both on my presets and I'd like to just be able to quickly copy the settings.

I just think it'd be handy to be able to copy settings from one block to the other of the same kind. I suppose it might be possible to, generally, but my only experience has been with the Output 1 & 2, where it didn't work. If that's not supposed to happen, consider this a bug report lol!

That's possible now.
Click bottom left on the arrow next to CHANNEL and select the Clipboard option.

That's possible now.
Click bottom left on the arrow next to CHANNEL and select the Clipboard option.
It definitely didn't work for copying Output 1, Channel A, to Output 2, Channel A. Possible bug with the beta FW? I'll try it again to be certain, but I tried it three or 4 times thinking that it HAD to work.

My wish is for the ability to copy, say channel A of the Output 1 block to channel A of Output 2. Drive 1 to Drive 2, etc.

I noticed this wasn't possible yesterday: I had scene levels set for Output 1 and tried to copy the channel to Output 2 and it was grayed out. I use the headphones (output 1) but when I gig, I use Output 2 (1/4" jacks), so I have to have both on my presets and I'd like to just be able to quickly copy the settings.

I just think it'd be handy to be able to copy settings from one block to the other of the same kind. I suppose it might be possible to, generally, but my only experience has been with the Output 1 & 2, where it didn't work. If that's not supposed to happen, consider this a bug report lol!

The whole act of copying channels between similar blocks is awkward. I just ran into a case where I wanted to move all the channels from Delay 2 to Delay 1. Having to do this many clicks is silly:
  1. Click Delay 2.
  2. Select Channel A.
  3. Copy the channel to the clipboard.
  4. Click Delay 1.
  5. Select Channel A.
  6. Paste the channel from the clipboard.
Repeat that four times. 24 actions?!

Instead, we should have a "Copy all channels to clipboard" along with its associated "Paste all channels from clipboard". "Pasting all..." shouldn't be enabled unless the previous "Copy all..." has occurred, which could be a flag that's set or done by peeking into the clipboard to see what the payload is. With that we could copy across similar block types quickly.

An alternate process could be to let us right-click on a block, and if it has siblings in the preset, present them and let us copy/paste/swap between them. And ooooorrrr or, being able to convert/swap between siblings; Delay 1 to Delay 2, or Drive 1 to Drive 2, which'd just convert/swap the internal designator(s).

That functionality should probably also be in the Blocks menu. It should also be in FM3-Edit for blocks that have siblings.

Last edited:
No need to do it this way. Just select Delay 2, select Block > Copy, select block Delay 1, select Block > Paste.

Back
Top Bottom