Wish Copy button in Cab block

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
I run the Cab block in stereo and use the same IR for Left and Right. A simple button op drop-down menu that pastes the IR bank+number from one of the other IR slots would be so handy.

So IR slot 2 would display something like: 1-3-4, where you can click on a number to paste that the bank+number from 1, 3 or 4 to slot 2.

+1. This would also help for mixing mics on the same cab, as it would make it easier to find the cab's IRs to start incrementing the cab # with the arrow key until you land on the other mic you want....

Can't you now just select the first cab number & copy & paste that into the 2nd IR slot? You would still have to select the right bank before you paste but that's not too far off from the request.

Can't you now just select the first cab number & copy & paste that into the 2nd IR slot? You would still have to select the right bank before you paste but that's not too far off from the request.

Many payers hold the guitar while editing in AE. So you have one hand available. This means:

click to select number
right-click to select copy
click Copy
click other slot
right-click to select paste
click Paste

plus:
click on dropdown menu
click to select a bank

= 8 clicks

Instead of: .... one click (Wish).

Many payers hold the guitar while editing in AE. So you have one hand available. This means:

click to select number
right-click to select copy
click Copy
click other slot
right-click to select paste
click Paste

plus:
click on dropdown menu
click to select a bank

= 8 clicks

Instead of: .... one click (Wish).
I know it's not a streamlined as what you suggest but it is quicker than sorting through all the IRs in the picker or cab manage. Also, right click & select copy is 1 click. So is right click & select past, at least on a Mac.

Also, right click & select copy is 1 click. So is right click & select past, at least on a Mac.

I'm using the trackpad of my MacBook and a single right-click in a destination field (cab number) won't display the context menu. It needs 3 clicks.

But yes, the process you describe is quicker when having two hands available for quick copy-and-paste..

Yeah, I'm using an iMac & magic mouse so that may be the difference. I guess you would still need another click to tell which IR slot for the paste to go to but much quicker & easier than it is now.

Reactions: yek
In general, I'm using the AXE Edit Library's full-block copy function to quickly load whatever cab combos that might work best for a particular sound.

In general, I'm using the AXE Edit Library's full-block copy function to quickly load whatever cab combos that might work best for a particular sound.
That doesn't help with this wish... He wants a quick way to duplicate the same IR in 2 slots, whichever IR he chooses.

The legacy units had a 'Link' toggle in the Cab block that worked nice for this. But it could only load two IRs. Maybe a 'Link' switch for IRs 1 and 2. And a second 'Link' switch for IRs 3 and 4 on the Axe-Fx III?

Back
Top Bottom