Copy AMP X/Y

brianv4

Fractal Fanatic
Need to be able to copy AMP X of one program to AMP Y of another and vice versa. So far AE3 is working great, just need the rest of it's functionality finished. THANKS!!!

Apart from modifier settings, copy/paste works correctly here.

To be clear:

- to copy the entire block (X AND Y), right-click the Amp block > Edit > Copy.

- to copy only the X or Y state, select the Amp block, right-click the X or Y button and select a Copy option.

Apart from modifier settings, copy/paste works correctly here.

To be clear:

- to copy the entire block (X AND Y), right-click the Amp block > Edit > Copy.

- to copy only the X or Y state, select the Amp block, right-click the X or Y button and select a Copy option.

This seems to work within a preset but not copying a block (say Phase X) from one preset and adding/pasting it's settings into Phase 1 (already existing) of another preset.

This seems to work within a preset but not copying a block (say Phase X) from one preset and adding/pasting it's settings into Phase 1 (already existing) of another preset.

Tried exactly that (Copy to Clipboard > Paste from Clipboard to ...) and it works okay here.

It works exactly as Yek describes it for me as well. One thing that confused me originally was that I thought that selecting the Y state in a block and copying that block would only copy the Y state. But copying a block always copies the entire block, both the X and Y state. I would have never thought to right click on buttons for additional functionality. Hmm, just thinking out loud now but I think the X/Y button needs a dropdown button as well, like the save button, so that it'll be x/y/v, clicking the 'v' will bring up the contextual menu so that it'll be more obvious that there's additional actions available (or you'll be commenting on threads like this for a long time Yek :) ). Should I start a new wish thread?

Reactions: yek
Tried exactly that (Copy to Clipboard > Paste from Clipboard to ...) and it works okay here.

To continue this discussion:
When I was on fw 11 this didn't work for me.
Now I've updated to fw 11.01 and it works but, only for a random number of times then suddenly I cant copy and paste to and from the clipboard anymore.
But when I restart AE, the copy/paste to/from clipboard function works again, a couple of times.
Then I have to restart AE.

Regards Jeaper
I've tried with many types of FX-blocks

Now I've updated to fw 11.01 and it works but, only for a random number of times then suddenly I cant copy and paste to and from the clipboard anymore.
But when I restart AE, the copy/paste to/from clipboard function works again, a couple of times.

Regards Jeaper

Interesting.. I updated to FW11.01 before messing with this again and Copy from/Past to Clipboard does now seem to work for me. I haven't run into limits where it quits working yet, but I have not spent a lot of time revising presets.. just some simple changes and then on to playing.

Regards Jeaper

Jesper, is it solved with fw 11.03 and AE 3.01?

Back
Top Bottom