Cooper Carter's FM9 Masterclass

I am using my FM9 daily while waiting for the class to release so I will have a pretty good handle on it. I have his classes on the Axe II that I have been using for many years. Top notch instruction! Can't wait for the release. This machine is incredible even not understanding all that it can do.

Also awaiting the announcement/release. I know a lot of folks are impatient for it at this point because it has been delayed for a while, but I'm patient so it comes when it comes. I definitely will be picking it up when it's available.

Also awaiting the announcement/release. I know a lot of folks are impatient for it at this point because it has been delayed for a while, but I'm patient so it comes when it comes. I definitely will be picking it up when it's available.
Same here, ...but isn't all knowledge about FM9 included in the AxeFX III masterclass?
At least as far as the editor is concerned? Or is there a separate master class on AxeEdit?

Iā€™m assuming if I already had the AxeFX masterclass, I probably wouldnā€™t be as anxious for the FM9 masterclass, because surely a ton of content overlaps.

But FM9 is my first fractal device, and I have not seen any of his masterclasses, so I eagerly await the FM9 one since itā€™s purpose built for my device!

Same here, ...but isn't all knowledge about FM9 included in the AxeFX III masterclass?
At least as far as the editor is concerned? Or is there a separate master class on AxeEdit?
I'm sure there is a ton of overlap. I don't have any of the prior classes though.

I've already spent 9 years with the AF2 and 2 years with the AF3. I never bothered (or will ever be bothered) with the factory or anyone else's presets, I always build my own from scratch.

I will take this masterclass, not because I "need" it per se, but because I know that even all these years I haven't been able to take full advantage of any of my FAS gear. So, essentially, I know that there is a buttload of things that I still don't know (and in some cases, don't understand), and since I am planning to stick with my FM9T for a veeeery long time (just like with my AF2), I think it's the right thing to do.

Still, no rush here...

I have been using my axe II XL for 8 years prior to my FM9. I have purchased many a preset besides creating my own. If you don't need anyone else for tone, you would be in awe in some the preset configurations by some of the highly creative people out there. It has opened me up to ideas for levels for my own patch creations I didn't think were even possible with these units! Besides the fact that I will always support as many as I can by purchasing thier "artwork ".

I had the axefx 2 course, so not sure if thereā€™s enough new learning in getting this one.
If I had the Axe 2 course I would be getting this one too. I have the Axe 2 here as well, and I get great tones from it but it's different than the FM9 workflow enough for me to want to get the course.

Last edited:
I couldnā€™t wait so I bought the OG FM9 off of someone back in January. So I donā€™t have the turbo, which i honestly think I am fine with.

I am hopeful that the master class would not be geared primarily towards the Turbo Crowd and FM9 standard guys can get something out of 70-80% of the material. If not Iā€™d understand but Iā€™d like to know before I pull the trigger on it.

I am certain you will be able to use 100 % of the course content no matter what FM9 version you have.
Agreed. Since the only difference between the two is a slight increase in DSP, I highly doubt there will be anything in Cooperā€™s course that doesnā€™t apply to both devices. Especially since he was likely creating the course before the Turbo came outā€¦

Agreed. Since the only difference between the two is a slight increase in DSP, I highly doubt there will be anything in Cooperā€™s course that doesnā€™t apply to both devices. Especially since he was likely creating the course before the Turbo came outā€¦
The course was filmed on a turbo. But everything demonstrated is 100% applicable to a non turbo.

We're only a few weeks out. An official release date will be announced this week.

Fwiw, shooting, mixing, and editing ~14 hours of content scheduled around my other production work does take this long.
Woohoo!! Thank you so much for the update. Cannot wait! I know it will be worth the wait. šŸ˜Š

The course was filmed on a turbo. But everything demonstrated is 100% applicable to a non turbo.
Ahh - very cool. Thanks for the clarification!

Woohoo!! Thank you so much for the update. Cannot wait! I know it will be worth the wait. šŸ˜Š

Ahh - very cool. Thanks for the clarification!
We're talking DSP differences, so anything a Standard can do, a Turbo simply does ā€Šmore of those same things at the same time.

ā€Š
So there's no method or technique that can't be done on both.

But you may find the MANAGING CPU section a bit more useful if you're on a Standard.

Back
Top Bottom