Cooper Carter's FM9 Masterclass

I have now been made aware of rate limit error issues for multiple students, continued issues with 2FA keys, as well as videos and entire pages failing to load on all three Master Classes. In my three years with Podia, I haven't had any of these issues---all of which leads me to suspect that a DoS situation is possible/likely.

I am in contact with my host and am working to get everything resolved asap.

Thank you for you patience and for the many kind words regarding the classes.
Thanks for the update. And no worries - your class rocks and shit happens that’s often outside of your control.

Just noticed that Sections 19 and 21 say processing and when you click on them it says "Coming any minute..." Also in Section 22 it never talks about songs and setlist. Not complaining. Just things I'm noticing.

I ordered my FM9 on Friday, when I came up in the list. I think I'll be getting this class as soon as the FM9 arrives. I had no idea these classes existed. Cool.
You won't regret it. I've learned so much already and I don't think I'm halfway through. Just take it bit by bit and experiment with each step. I never would have figured some of this stuff out on my own and I have read the manual multiple times. The internal design of the course makes a lot of sense to me so far. I'm confident that I'll be able to use the unit in live settings (and recording) in a way that works for me.

I'm seriously considering this class. I've found Cooper's Fractal Friday videos very informative and helpful. I assume the master class is just more of the same, so totally worth paying for IMO.

I was just about to sign up for my class after my FM9 arrived when I noticed that it made a soft rattling noise when I turned it up to look at the back panel. There's clearly something rattling in there, and so I have a ticket open. I'll get the class as soon as I have a resolution. Feeling impatient to get started, with all these great reviews!

I was just about to sign up for my class after my FM9 arrived when I noticed that it made a soft rattling noise when I turned it up to look at the back panel. There's clearly something rattling in there, and so I have a ticket open. I'll get the class as soon as I have a resolution. Feeling impatient to get started, with all these great reviews!
Problem resolved - it was just me misunderstanding something. Signing up now!

I plan on getting CC's Masterclass for the FM9 after Christmas but in the meantime I've got a question... Where can I download the factory effects layout? I want to restore just that layout . Thought I saved it but I guess I didn't.

(sorry for invading this thread with my stupid question)

Last edited:
Saying that this Masterclass is the best tool you can buy for your FM9 is an understatement. Not having English as my primary language didn't make any difference. Everything is clear, well explained and each lesson is packed with highly valuable content. Worth every penny.

@Cooper Carter you are certainly a master at this. Your Youtube channel is also amazing!

Big thanks from Québec, Canada :)

Last edited:
I plan on getting CC's Masterclass for the FM9 after Christmas but in the meantime I've got a question... Where can I download the factory effects layout? I want to restore just that layout . Thought I saved it but I guess I didn't.

(sorry for invading this thread with my stupid question)

Here's a link from G66's Youtube channel, but made by Cooper. Everything is explained in detail in the 18th section of the class (and then some 😉) You'll even find nice enhanced layout to download directly from the class.You'll see how to export and saving layouts, so basically making backups, and then restore the original layout from the FM9 with replacing parts from your own backup.

Last edited:

Here's a link from G66's Youtube channel, but made by Cooper. Everything is explained in detail in the 18th section of the class (and then some 😉) You'll even find nice enhanced layout to download directly from the class.You'll see how to export and saving layouts, so basically making backups, and then restore the original layout from the FM9 with replacing parts from your own backup.

Thanks for the post. I know how to import and export, I'm looking for the factory effects layout. I thought I had it backed up but apparently I didn't.

Saying that this Masterclass is the best tool you can buy for your FM9 is an understatement. Not having English as my primary language didn't make any difference. Everything is clear, well explained and each lesson is packed with highly valuable content. Worth every penny.

@Cooper Carter you are certainly a master at this. Your Youtube channel is also amazing!

Many thanks for this wonderful review. So glad the class proved useful to you!!

Montreal here! Bonjour!

Greetings everyone! I just purchased an FM9. I'm very much considering signing up for this class. I'm new to the Fractal world.

Greetings everyone! I just purchased an FM9. I'm very much considering signing up for this class. I'm new to the Fractal world.
I was in your spot last week and pulled the trigger on the masterclass. WELLLLLLLL worth it! I am a Fractal newb and find this class is great so far. I am only about 1/4 of the way through the videos and have learned so much. Now, if I could only remember 1/4 of the stuff I have watched:disappointed:

Back
Top Bottom