Cooper Carter

wildolympic

Inspired
This post is for the newb's really (I am still new myself ) but I digress, I just wanted to point out some very good tutorials from MR.Cooper on U-tube one in particular is live blending clean and lead tones it has a great tone match patch available on Axe change and endless possibilities for blending different amps and effects.
Thanks Carter.
sincerely Tim.

Thanks Mr. Carter.

Fixed. :)

His creativelive courses are also very good if you aren't a person that learns well from manuals, wikis and such. He does a good job of presenting things that can be complicated in easily understandable terms.

Last edited:
Also here to praise Chris from Katsukuri for his very understable and very helpful tutorials...Well with Yek ,Carter,Chris,Simeon,Mark Day and so many others its a real pleasure to surf the Axe Fx community and to understand the endless possibilities of this magic machine..

Chris has solid stuff and it's free so, same with Yek, Mark Day and some others. Carter chargers and that is fine, but why would you pay if you can get the info for free, just look:)

I remember back on TGP years ago Cooper and I agreed pretty much on all tube amps we played. He's since become an incredible ambassador for the Fractal gear and I know I can trust his ear. Big props.

Big one too for the german bloke Burnt Krisps or something, he's a star always update my stuff whilst watching his videos...delivers like a Russian headmaster stylee, still think Axe should have released a tutorial DVD..yeah I got the Cooper turials paid for but DVD would be cool. Shame the MFC doesnt get the same coverage.

I am also thankful to all the contributors listed in this thread. I would not have gotten as far without their youtube postings, and creative live videos.

Cooper's creative live video has been extremely worth while as I can fast forward through things I am comfortable with, or rewind to really learn the parts that I'm weak at. There is a lot of detail in getting some of the settings correct (wah and expression dynamics are the big ones for me), but also some of the tricks like scaling back the ultra res cab IR's to reduce CPU drag on some of my settings really helped with my live sound set up.

At the same time, if it wasn't for Cooper's "Solo-a-week" videos, I wouldn't have learned about the Axe Fx. Buying this system is some serious coin for me, but seeing and hearing what Cooper was doing, plus some cool advice from him got me on board and I have been loving playing through my Axe Fx every since.

Adding my own tip of the fez to Cooper Carter. His videos are fantastic, and I keep them on my laptop for viewing on tour. I love the capabilities of my system, and it's always interesting to learn a new idea from those who dig deeply into the AxeFX.

Back
Top Bottom