cool tip

Bruce Sokolovic

Fractal Fanatic
Ever type out a feature request that actually already exists? I did and just want to share a cool tip for anyone who might not know it exists. I had problems dragging in exact values on virtual knobs in AX8 Edit. Holding command (Mac) and dragging with the mouse fine tunes the move. Pretty cool. Anyway, thats my big news. Happy fractaling!!!

Ever type out a feature request that actually already exists? I did and just want to share a cool tip for anyone who might not know it exists. I had problems dragging in exact values on virtual knobs in AX8 Edit. Holding command (Mac) and dragging with the mouse fine tunes the move. Pretty cool. Anyway, thats my big news. Happy fractaling!!!
Haha this is gonna save me HOURS. Thanks!!

Well... You can just type the exact value you want to have in those virtual knobs.

Place the pointer on the value> click (or enter)> type the value> enter

You really don't need to use the pointer: you can move from one knob to others using the keyboard.

It's about to use what is better for you depending on the moment.

Last edited:
Well... You can just type the exact value you want to have in those virtual knobs.

You really don't need to use the pointer: you can move from one knob to others using the keyboard.

Of course. The point of the tip is to avoid typing.

You cannot type the value for all knobs. If you set up a modifier on any parameter and go into the modifier menu. You cannot get to type the values for the modifer min and max values. (this is using AX8edit)

Back
Top Bottom