Cool Time With Plini, David Maxim Micic, and Nick Johnston

That's the beauty of it... whatever cabinet back-line was available at the venue.

Man...isn't technology great? lol

Going to look into the FRFR you mention. That's the route I would go, but I don't need anything huge. I'll check it out. :-D

Oh SH!T!! When was this!?! I live in Phoenix too and didn't hear about this!! I'd have been there in a SECOND!! lol

The Contortionist, Polyphia, and Between the Buried and Me on October 10th. And I think Polyphia are AFX users so still site-relevant :)

Man...isn't technology great? lol

Going to look into the FRFR you mention. That's the route I would go, but I don't need anything huge. I'll check it out. :-D

The Latte is a great sounding FRFR cabinet. Weighing less than 32 lb, it surprisingly still gives that back-line feel. It's bit pricey, but totally worth it. The quality of the sound goes far beyond any of my EV powered cabinets (12" or 15" speakers).

The Latte is a great sounding FRFR cabinet. Weighing less than 32 lb, it surprisingly still gives that back-line feel. It's bit pricey, but totally worth it. The quality of the sound goes far beyond any of my EV powered cabinets (12" or 15" speakers).

I'm the kind of person that will HAPPILY pay a bit more for quality (as I think all of us are, being Axe-FX users...) so I'll definitely look into it. Thanks!!

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm pretty new with my axe fx III and I'm trying to get a plini tone and a david maxim micic tone dialed in but am struggling a bit with so many options. I know they supposedly keep things "simple" but I'm pretty sure simple doesn't mean just an amp and cab model... I'm not looking for someone to do the work for me and send me a patch (although if they had one, that wouldn't hurt). I'm hoping someone could elaborate on what they might be doing apart from throwing in an HBE amp and stock cab and calling it a day. I've never had this much power in my hands and I'm not sure how this tone is achieved yet. Any tips would be appreciated :) I saw David Maxim Micic was considering sharing his patches once, but I've yet to find that he has done so yet. @Deadpool_25, did you learn anything apart from just the amp models they used? What is the theory behind getting a tone like this apart from the specific amp?

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm pretty new with my axe fx III and I'm trying to get a plini tone and a david maxim micic tone dialed in but am struggling a bit with so many options. I know they supposedly keep things "simple" but I'm pretty sure simple doesn't mean just an amp and cab model... I'm not looking for someone to do the work for me and send me a patch (although if they had one, that wouldn't hurt). I'm hoping someone could elaborate on what they might be doing apart from throwing in an HBE amp and stock cab and calling it a day. I've never had this much power in my hands and I'm not sure how this tone is achieved yet. Any tips would be appreciated :) I saw David Maxim Micic was considering sharing his patches once, but I've yet to find that he has done so yet. @Deadpool_25, did you learn anything apart from just the amp models they used? What is the theory behind getting a tone like this apart from the specific amp?

I'm a bit of a Maxim Micic Fan boy these days. I Bought the Who Bit The Moon Tab book. The main thing for me was tuning down to his Open Ab? tuning. I moved all the strings from a standard 10 set down a string and added a 56.
In one of his Videos he is using the Impulse Response Zilla 3a from a 2x12 Fatboy V30 pack by 3Sigma.
I remember asking one of the artists who did a solo for David what Amp model he was using and he said it was based off a Friedman BE. I can't remember who it was (might have been Jacob or even Plini? no idea)
I think in another video I noted David using a Friedman BE model. Personally I really like the Mesa Boogie Lone Star Clean channel for the non dirty stuff.

Hi. Sorry, I really don’t have any more info. I’m not even using an AFX anymore but I’d still be curious to know their general settings for delays and reverbs.

However, this guy did a pretty good cover and posted his patch in the description. Might be a good start?

You'd be surprised how often it usually is just amp and cab, I know Aaron Marshall has said hes usually just using a 50 watt plexi model and can for leads etc. Its all about the right cab choice and getting the gain right, and the right guitar. What are you using?

Back
Top Bottom