Cool Burst of Feedback

sounds like he may be dragging fingers on the wound strings and that sound comes through sometimes. Easy enough to double check.

Budda was indeed correct, little bit of finger drag on the wound strings. Not sure I want to work at developing this "technique". Could become a bad habit especially when playing acoustic. I really don't need anymore bad habits.

@Piing was it you that stuck a BT speaker to your guitar to simulate acoustic coupling? Been meaning to try that some day

Yes. First I did it with a bluetooth speaker placed between the guitar body and my belly while sitting, then I moved to a vibration driver placed at the neck. Both work very well, with the vibration driver having the advantage that it is even more silent than the bluetooth speaker. Eternal natural feedback, nicely controlled

20210817_212814-jpg.87272

Interesting. I wonder if there’s away to attach the driver to the guitar body, say near the strap bolt, the have a neat wire tied to the guitar cable…

Yes. First I did it with a bluetooth speaker placed between the guitar body and my belly while sitting, then I moved to a vibration driver placed at the neck. Both work very well, with the vibration driver having the advantage that it is even more silent than the bluetooth speaker. Eternal natural feedback, nicely controlled

20210817_212814-jpg.87272
Cool!
What driver are you using?
What are you powering it with (what amp)?
What's that bracket with the Fender logo?

There was a commercial version of this a long time ago, expensive, heavy, needed a driver box on the floor, and a cable up to your headstock.

Vibration driver from AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32899627806.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.494e4c4doklxJl

I would like to experiment with a more powerful one, like this one that includes the amplifier and two drivers

They call them by names like "Speaker vibration resonance", "Resonance vibration speaker" or "Portable resonance vibrator"

For the amp I use the Practical Devices XM6. May be the Axe-FX III headphone output has enough power to drive it, but I haven't tried it because I need to use the headphones.

The bracket is a Fender Fatfinger. More details at this thread

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom