Converting Ownhammer IR's-Min Phase & Auto Trim???

rcd

Inspired
I want to mix Ownhammer IR's both inside the Axe via the 2 cab blocks & another method with Cab-Lab if I can get it to work inside ProTools 12HD Native. I'm confused about the conversion process in Cab-Lab with the MinPhase& AutoTrim options. If I'm mixing 2 Ownhammer IR's should one IR be MinPhase & the Other NoMinPhase? Both Min Phase? Neither Min Phase? Same question with Auto Trim, Should I check this option everytime or only in certain circumstances, or never?
Can't seem to find detailed info and application instructions on these 2 options when it comes to using ownhammer IR's(My preference) either in the Axe via the cab blocks or in Cab-Lab while mixing multiple IR's.
Thanks for any info in helping me achieve the optimum tone concerning the MinPahse & AutoTrim features.

As awesome as the Wiki is, that does not answer the OP's question. Having a lot of OH IRs, they typically have a 'Fractal' folder/zip. Here is a quote from the README for the Heavy Hitters collection, for example:

The following folders contain .wav files perfectly prepared for
conversion to the Fractal Audio Systems derivative format types.

These .wav files are 200 ms in length and NOT minimum phase transformed
so as to avoid cascading processing by FAS conversion software.

I have always taken this to mean that they are Raw/Not MPT'd. So I select 'Minimum Phase Transform' when I convert with Cab-Lab in case I want to mix them with another third party or FAS cab-pack IR.

I have seen this question at several threads, but I would like to have one thing clear:

When using Cab-Lab to convert WAV to IR (Ownhammer or any other library), is it better to always select Min-Phase, to avoid problems in case we have to mix?

well, All Ownhammer IR's will already be in phase with each other, but if you want to ensure they are in phase with other IR manufacturers then you would want to convert them with minimum phase selected.

Back
Top Bottom