Converting hi res to ultra res

edo

Power User
Vendor
I'm sure it's been discussed before, but i cant find the threads.. I just got a few ir's (wav's) that I'd like to turn to ultra res, how do i do that?
Also, are redwirez 96/24 wav's suitable to be converted to UR?

you need to have cab-lab which has been update to version 2.0 that now supports conversion to UR.

about the redwirez it depends on how long the files are, but the files to be converted should be 48/24.

I see, and how long does the rw file have to be in order to be converted?

I believe it will convert any wav, but they would need to be a minimum of 170ms in length to benefit and truly be ultra.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

and how do i measure the lenght of the wav ir's? Just trying to figure out if I can do this before buying cablab (as i dont care about mixing cabs)

I'm interested in this process as well. I have the new CabLab and was expecting to see a conversion command. I don't really want to do a mix, just convert. How exactly is this done?

Many WAV editors will show the length of the WAV file.

Including free ones such as Audicity.

I'm interested in this process as well. I have the new CabLab and was expecting to see a conversion command. I don't really want to do a mix, just convert. How exactly is this done?

Open cablab and over on the left about 3/4 way down is the cablab icon. Click it and it has conversion options.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

and how do i measure the lenght of the wav ir's? Just trying to figure out if I can do this before buying cablab (as i dont care about mixing cabs)
right click, properties on a wav file in windows : length and bitrate/frequency is shown

I love this script :) Thanks Much!

Glad you can get some use out of it. The original poster on stackoverflow gets the real credit!

Just wanted to be able to loop quickly command line (cygwin) and found that so few minor tweaks and:
for x in `ls *.wav`; do echo $x; wavlen.py $PWD\/"$x"; done
OwnHammer_112_DLX_ALN-SLV_SS_Live-Modern.wav
File duration in miliseconds: 200
OwnHammer_112_DLX_ALN-SLV_SS_Live-Vintage.wav
File duration in miliseconds: 200

Back
Top Bottom